The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

I know this is extremely last minute, but I may have to return control over to Ron tomorrow. I currently am working through a sore throat, however the later it gets, the more it feels like my body is fighting something more.

In order to protect the health of others, I may in fact not show up tomorrow. Sorry, all.

I know this is extremely last minute, but I may have to return control over to Ron tomorrow. I currently am working through a sore throat, however the later it gets, the more it feels like my body is fighting something more.

In order to protect the health of others, I may in fact not show up tomorrow. Sorry, all.

I sympathize and completely empathize, Mr. Dee.

I've "come down" with something since Tue. night and, despite my motor-mouthing on some recent posts in the Mas Transit sub-forum, I have not been that successful in fighting off whatever it is, before next Monday on return to work after holiday annual leave.  I'm not sure what I'll do;  I missed last month.

DMPhoto,

Hate to hear this. We will miss you. Get better.

WW

I use age as an excuse for not remembering face-name combos, but I realize it's gonna take awhile, since it's not as if we're in some college class that meets twice a week, you know.

Of all meetings (this is only the 4th attended since joining last Aug.), I never expected to see so many jam-packed heads in a corner, despite the recent cold spell. (invisible ésprit de corps? maybe...)  I would have felt really guilty mself to not have attended, once I did manage to drag-ass there,  Seeing you there, Will, and having the interaction was bonus.

But dmill- (Daniel), don't fret for missing, because you always remain a kingpin to us (or in my own terms, the "coupling between the cars").  I almost didn't make it because of my own "come-down", and I didn't help matters by leaning into that cold southerly wind from Cordell-Hull and along 6th Ave, from my car to Provence.

-=ricky-roox=-

Sorry to miss the meet-up. I was planning on making this one since soccer is at a low ebb. Unfortunately, my mother is ill so I am in Knoxville offering support. Hope to see you all soon.

Tending to your mom trumps everything else, in my eyes. Attending the forum meetings, if and whenever we can, is a privilege, not a must.

I regard the forum as a kind of "distance education", but without the mandatory attendance, quizzes, and grades,  Arguably, a huge amount of the contributions from posts (other than my own) I regard as "academic" content, both as discussion, opinion, and graphic illustration.  The only requirement I know of is that I talk, period (and sensibly).  Hell, If I kept my mouth shut all the time, then I'd be just a lurker (not to say that I couldn't afford to revert to being one now and then).

While I still am able to, I contribute and do so mainly because I love to listen.  None of us has to post or has to trek downtown Nashv'l (or wherever in the future).  As you plainly can see, I have to fight fierce and hard to resist posting, when that bug hits me.  There will come a point in time, sooner or later, that for health reasons or otherwise, I'll just drop out of sight and fade from memory. [sob...]

Even though I'm not a moderator, I don't feel out of bounds to express that I perceive one of best things ascribed to this forum (beyond the subject itself) and to others managed by the same moderators is that I don't get that sense of hostility and a feeling from responses that make me feel that I'm unwanted,  typically by geeky and geezer run outfits that bite at every post (and at each other).

-=ricky-roox=-

• 3 weeks later...

I won't be able to make the meet this month.  I was contacted by a MTSU sociology professor regarding my neighborhood association's organizing efforts.  He is bringing his students on a field trip to East Nashville on Saturday to speak with me and tour my neighborhood, Eastwood.  I have also looped in Dane Forlines with McFerrin Park.  We are planning to take the students on a tour from my end of Eastland Ave, where development is so overheated that neighbors are demanding quality controls, to Dane's end of Eastland/Cleveland, where neighbors are organizing to bring in more commercial development, such as at the Roxy.  It should be a good contrast of areas for the students, although Dane and I work in parallel and sometimes in tandem on similar projects.  So I will be facilitating a presentation and tour for some MTSU undergrads at 10:00 AM on Saturday.  See you all in March!

• Like 2

Hey Fellas,

I have been to a meeting before but its been a while - Saturday mornings are always tough for me.  I'd like to come tomorrow again if that's alright?  I always hop on here to see whats happening.  I live in 12th South and love to hear whats happening in the neighborhood and Nashville.  I'll be there tomorrow - Provence in the DT Library correct?

Hey Fellas,

I have been to a meeting before but its been a while - Saturday mornings are always tough for me.  I'd like to come tomorrow again if that's alright?  I always hop on here to see whats happening.  I live in 12th South and love to hear whats happening in the neighborhood and Nashville.  I'll be there tomorrow - Provence in the DT Library correct?

Correct. Looking forward to seeing you.