The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All! I am new to the board. What are these meet ups all about? Is everyone in the development industry? When is the next one? 

Most of us are urbanites, development geeks, or just citizens with concern for what the future holds for our city, though a few people are connected in one way or another.

Meetings are the first Saturday of each month at Casablanca Coffee (in the base of the ICON tower) in the Gulch. 10 am.

You are certainly welcome to attend.

I have been in Casablanca many times, although I live on the east side. I have probably seen your group there having coffee. I am not much for meeting people from the internet, but if I ever see the group, I may say hello if appropriate.

Trust me, we don't bite. Once you get to know people, and put faces/names to screennames, it's more like having coffee with a group of friends and acquaintances. It also helps with communication differences/posting styles if you get to know the people you are having conversations with online.

It might be a little awkward at first, but it's actually a nice, relaxed, very informative discussion...and much more effective than conversing via internet.

Drop by and say hi. If it's not your thing, you don't have to stay. :thumbsup:

Edited by UTgrad09

• 4 weeks later...

Next Saturday @ 10 AM @ Casablanca in the Gulch.... All are invited

BTW, I think maybe the meet in April we can do a DT walk. Should be a lot going on by then too.

Also the Nashville Next meeting is Tomorrow 5:30 pm Monday, February 25 in Harambee Auditorium in Fondren Hall at Scarritt-Bennett Center, 1008 19th Avenue South.

Mitchell Silver, Raleigh, NC planning director and president of the American Planning Association, will speak on "Changing Faces of America: The Opportunities and Challenges of 21st Century Demographics"

The open house for the Music City Center is May 19th and 20th

Great turn out today. I think there were 8 of us. Thanks to all that were there. Looking forward to next month. We are going to be at the Red Bicycle in Germantown because Casablanca will be closed for renovation and new ownership. I am planning on doing a walking tour of the Gtown and Stown area. So if you have cameras bring them. This will be dependant on the weather of course. The Red Bicycle is located in the same building that Germantown Cafe is in on the corner of 5th and Madison.

I know there are 6 projects under construction there with another 3 planned that I know if. Maybe more coming. Who really knows these days.

Great turn out today. I think there were 8 of us. Thanks to all that were there. Looking forward to next month. We are going to be at the Red Bicycle in Germantown because Casablanca will be closed for renovation and new ownership. I am planning on doing a walking tour of the Gtown and Stown area. So if you have cameras bring them. This will be dependant on the weather of course. The Red Bicycle is located in the same building that Germantown Cafe is in on the corner of 5th and Madison.

I know there are 6 projects under construction there with another 3 planned that I know if. Maybe more coming. Who really knows these days.

Great to hear!

Woohoo, I just got a new camera!  Nothing special, just a cheap point and shoot, but better than nothing (have had several meet their demise and haven't replaced it) or my iPhone 3GS.  Hopefully the weather will be nicer!

Sorry I missed it.

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

It was good to see everyone on Saturday. Ron, William, Brett, Eric, Kevin, Daniel, and myself had a nice meeting. It was my first meeting since May 2012, and after a long break due to moving my home, moving the  employers office, family responsibilities, and  along with personal responsibilities my Saturdays have been full for almost a year. 

It was good to see everyone. I hope to participate in more meets in the future.

John

Guest 5th & Main Urbanite

At some point we can have a meet on the 5th floor outdoor deck overlooking the city from my condo at 5th & Main. The panoramic views are really something. Ron, William, and Gary have seen the views, and I know they enjoyed visiting. We might could do an evening meet. We can grab a beer downstairs at Myridia or Feast and then head upstairs.

• Like 1