The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Due to the "Stay in Place" order from the Mayor's Office, we will not hold a Nashville Urban Planet Monthly Meet-Up for April this week.  Will certainly miss the camaraderie  of all fellow U.P. posters, but we all know keeping social distance is a priority right now.  Perhaps we'll be able to try one in early May, but that may be pushing it as well.   Keep checking this tread for any updates.

In the meantime, let's keep sharing via the forum.  May you and yours remain healthy during this difficult time.  : )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know this is short notice, but what if we try to do a virtual meet? There are plenty of options out there from Skype and other apps to video chat rooms. It might be a little crazy at first, but I think it's worth a try, especially if this lingers into May or even June.

I know we have some tech savvy folks out there. I'm sure we can come up with something.

• Like 2

Would definitely get a vote for a virtual meet from me! I'd love to join in!

We've been using Zoom quite a bit to keep in touch with friends and have noticed that almost every time a popup saying the 40 minute limit was removed. I think they're banking on building up goodwill right now, and a paying client base when this is all over.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will let you facilitate it, but remember if it is posted on here it is opened up to anyone and everyone, so my suggestion is that anyone that wants to participate neds to contact you and give you their email so you can send invites. 

The request should be sent through the UP private messaging so everyone will need to make sure notifications are on, or you can post your email on here Craig and let people contact you directly.

Which ever way you want to do it is fine. I am familiar with Zoom and I know you would be able to mute and unmute individuals and you would also only be able to accept people that have contacted you.

We would need to come up with a time.

• Like 1

We also have an option for Webex from LA_TN. I am unfamiliar with this format, but I do know it is widely used in corporate settings. 

With this format the host would be able to show videos, other renderings, tables, etc. during the meetup. I am just throwing all options out there.

I will be emailing Mark to see what his thoughts are and see if we can get something worked out. We may want to go a little later in the day to be able to allow folks from other time zones better access to the meet as well as the members we have in the UK. 

• Like 2

We are working out the details and need to do a practice run. I think right now we will still go with the same time on Saturday morning. Everyone please stay tuned to this thread for further instructions as we will have to send out invites to those that will want to join us.

For those of you in the UK it would be 4 PM local time on Saturday. 

Again be prepared to send us your email in a PM  to one of us. We will let you know who very soon. We will need that in order to send the link to  the meet.

• Like 3

We will be doing a test of a WEBEX meet tonight so go ahead and send me a PM with your email. I will make a running list for Mark and keep up with it. Even if I already have your email, please send again to make sure it is correct and up to date. 

A note to KHJBurg, Dale and any of you folks in Charlotte, or any other forums, please feel free to join us as your contributions to our forum here are always very valuable.

• smeagolsfree changed the title to The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet , Virtual Meet Up

At this point in time I already have 21 folks to say they will be with us for the virtual meet. I have sent many of you Messages via UP mail at the top right hand of the page. I am not sure you will get the mail if your notifications are off.

I think I have sent emails out to 3 groups so far. If you do not feel like sharing the email with that group, feel free to email me in the PM function at the top. It is still up in the air right now which platform we will use, ZOOM or WEBEX. We are testing both tonight.

I do believe NEO will be joining us for at least a while.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Update:

Invites should be going out to everyone. Craig (bos2nash)is sending these out and they will be an invite for a Zoom meet as it works better for Mark. If you do not get the invite, check your spam and then email me or Bos2nash.

As I get more people sending me their emails more invites will go out.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.