The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

I sent out an email to those on the email list. I am still waiting for Producer2 and anyone else to send me their email so I can put them on the list. I plan on being there as well if nothing out of the ordinary comes up. I know Ron will miss as he is on vacation and Tom Campion and Nashvillian have moved out of the area. We miss Alana and Steven. They are in Florida and hopefully they still check the site once in a while for updates. I am looking forward to seeing Dave. There is still free parking in the Gulch for now as of last weekend. Last time Cliff said he parked in the ICON visitors garage. That could be an option when street parking is no longer free until after 12 noon on Saturday's.

SEC

SEC et al,

There's a possibility my attendance today may be compromised. It's an odd reason as over the past several days I've been taming this beast of a yard of mine and I have an incredible mountain of debris to remove. Since I'm not a fan of ditch storage for such stuff, I must get this to Bordeaux. The truck's not running, so I'm borrowing and today is the day. If possible and if finished in time, I'll be there. If you don't see me, I will be there in August to be sure.

I look forward to seeing you...today, or the next.

Dave, yeah, it's just me.

SEC et al,

There's a possibility my attendance today may be compromised. It's an odd reason as over the past several days I've been taming this beast of a yard of mine and I have an incredible mountain of debris to remove. Since I'm not a fan of ditch storage for such stuff, I must get this to Bordeaux. The truck's not running, so I'm borrowing and today is the day. If possible and if finished in time, I'll be there. If you don't see me, I will be there in August to be sure.

I look forward to seeing you...today, or the next.

Dave, yeah, it's just me.

I find myself in a similar situation. Not so much debris but a beast of a problem. Seems that due to the recent floods there was some movement of groups from Gaylord to downtown. One such group is the aforementioned beast Moose International. I have been recruited to help with the goings on this morning for the 10,000 or so Mooses (plural) that are in attendance this week. Sorry, maybe next month!

We had a nice forum meet. We had 6. The participants were:

East Side Urbanite (William )

Lexy (Michael and his wife Casey)

Bwithers (Brett)

Myself (John)

Nvstnbna (Shelby)

The main topic was the future of the Gulch. We also touched upon the convention center hotel per the article by Nate Rau in this mornings Tennessean.

Lexy is having a book published! He is writing about and photographing coal mining equipment. He is from a coal mining area and the book is due out in September and he will have a small book tour! Way to go Michael! Michael is a great photographer. If you have not seen his work, check it out. His aviation work is really good too along with his built environment work. His full name is Michael C. Davis. (I think there is a "c" in there.) I am sure you can Google him to get to his sites.

We talked a lot about Chicago and Skidmore , Owning, and Merrill. We discussed NYC as well. Not sure why, but those cities came up. Some of us had been to Chicago recently and Brett is from there. Nashville is poised for great things. We also took a walking tour of the Gulch, mainly to the Turnip Truck area and saw a nice perspective of ICON, Terrazzo, and Mercury View Lofts from a rear parking lot that gave a nice perspective. A nice development would be perfect there with amazing views of the Gulch and downtown. We also touched on Velocity and concrete management. Casey's family is in the concrete business.

We touched on the MCC and the Medical Mart and as you may well know, some topic of discussion was not built environment related. We missed you for that Ron (Smeagolsfree)!

Lexy and Casey are celebrating their six year wedding anniversary! Congrats!

We hope to see everyone next month. BTW, Casablanca Coffee where we were has the Mexican Cokes. They are delicious. They have real sugar and no High Fructose Corn Syrup! They went down nicely on a hot day!

See you next month!

SEC

Edited by Solve Et Coagula

• 4 weeks later...

It looks as if we will have to cancel this week as everyone is busy with other commitments. I have contacted those via email list. If you want to be on the list, let me know as there is a small core group of us. For a while we not even posting the meetings on this website. If you are new or a regular poster on this forum like Producer 2 and would like to be on the email list. Please let me know.

Hopefully we will see you in September.

SEC

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We met at Bongo On The Curve. The email went out but I forgot to post it on here.

We had ESU (William), Nashvillebound (Todd), Downtowncliff (Cliff), Nvstnbna (Shelby), Bwithers (Brett), and myself (John). Smeagolsfree (Ron) was on the road for work.

We had six and hoped to have more. Maybe in December we will have a couple more, and I still cannot convince Producer2 (Curt) to join us!

See you next month, hopefully

BR86

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to bag on this months meeting.... soccer conflict with my youngest. Please post a summary if you can and I hope to join in Feb.

Todd

The meet will be January 8th at 10 A.M. at Casablanca in The Gulch.

I hope to see some new faces for 2011. Much to discuss.

BR86