The Dave Luna Urban Planet Forum Meet-Up (online, too), Sat. April 6th, 10 AM to noon; Copper Kettle patio at Downtown Library at 6th Ave. North and Church St.

smeagolsfree

Great session today! We had Ron (smeagolsfree), William (ESU), Brett (Bwithers), Cliff (downtowncliff), Dave (its just dave), Shelby (invstnbna), and myself.

The discussion was mainly on infill in the urban core although we touched on the hospital area. We also touched on WES and we discussed projects in other pier cities. The CMHOF was a hot topic and the news story can be found on Channel 4's website.

See you all in three weeks.

BR86

Thanks for the update. I watched the Channel 4 story on the CMHF and wow it is much larger than I expected.

Was there any information on leases signed by the Medical Mart?

Todd

Great session today! We had Ron (smeagolsfree), William (ESU), Brett (Bwithers), Cliff (downtowncliff), Dave (its just dave), Shelby (invstnbna), and myself.

The discussion was mainly on infill in the urban core although we touched on the hospital area. We also touched on WES and we discussed projects in other pier cities. The CMHOF was a hot topic and the news story can be found on Channel 4's website.

See you all in three weeks.

BR86

• 3 weeks later...

Great meet as usual and after the meet we took a drive around the city including Rolling Mill Hill. Ron, Dave , and Myself even went up inside the old smokestack and Ron took some pictures. Hopefully he will get them posted here soon. We had Ron, Dave, Willliam, Todd, Chad, Shelby and Myself. 7 was a good turnout for such a cold morning. See you all next month!

BR86

• 4 weeks later...

Forum meet this Saturday. 10:00 am Casablanca in the Gulch. I hope all can make it. I will if I can. Should be a nice March day. One of our Forumers will be running for Metro Council. Hopefully they will stop by and say hello. I will not say who it is until they officially announce.

BR86

For those of you who know me only by my screen name my real name is Curt Wallen. I think that is pretty common knowledge. I am running for Metro Council in the 6th District and would love to talk with all of you at a future forum meeting. Unfortunately I am going to be in Tampa (that is not unfortunate) for work this weekend and will not be able to attend. I will try my best to be there next month. Please let me know if you have any questions or just want to chat. I have officially opened a part time office in any one of the half dozen or so fabulous coffee establishments in the 6th district!

Edited by producer2

I will not be there on Saturday and neither will Cliff, but William, Ron, Shelby have said they will attend. I am assuming Todd and Dave will try to make it. Maybe I will make it next month. I will be out of pocket for awhile until my financial and economic position improve.

BR86

Good Luck Curt in your council run. I would vote for you if I could.:)

BR86

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great meet today! We had William (ESU), Ron (smeagolsfree) Curt (Producer2), Cliff (downtowncliff), Shelby (nvstnbna), Brett (Bwithers), Dane (newbie), and Myself (mtsublueraider86).

We missed regulars Todd (Nashvillebound), Dave (It's Just Dave), and Michael and Casey (Lexy). Hopefully we will see them at the June meet.

If anyone has Hankster's email address, let me know. It's been a long time since we have seen Hank from Chattanooga. It would also great to see Tyson (rural king) from the West Tennessee area again.

Have a great May!

BR

• 4 weeks later...

Great meet as usual! We had myself, Dane, William, Shelby, Ron, and Brett. The big topic of discussion was the MCC and the Omni Hotel breaking ground June 16th. William mentioned a big announcement will happen after the Omni groundbreaking. Could this announcement be the Westin? Peabody? Marriott Marquis? I think it will be an announcement of the second hotel.

After the meet Ron, Brett, and myself took the circulator from the Gulch to 5th and Commerce. From there we walked to the arcade and ate pizza at Manny's! We walked back to the Gulch and stopped by the MCC to look at the urban fabric which will be quite amazing when finished!

If the group want's to have a July meet, it falls on July 2nd. We will see how many want to meet on Fourth Of July weekend.

BR

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...