Lexington Photo of the Day

georgeglass

This was taken from my sunroof as I was leaving town...I was driving and had the camera facing the other way. I think this is a nice angle that shows some density. It is hard to get the perfect shot while driving...but I did not want to stand in the middle of the street.flowersetc005.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been calling LFUCG with requests for more bike racks. I've seen many yellow bikes attached to light posts and sign posts in areas where bikes were ... non-existant. The city is willing to install more bike racks wherever there is demand, and it seems as if this program is taking off!

I'd love to see them expand this program to other parts of the city as it continues to grow. It's great for downtowners like us but if we really want to cut into traffic congestion and air pollution we need to cover most if not all the city. But I know this is just the first year and so far it is really taking off.

Archived