Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

georgeglass

Lexington Photo of the Day

12 posts in this topic

This was taken from my sunroof as I was leaving town...I was driving and had the camera facing the other way. I think this is a nice angle that shows some density. It is hard to get the perfect shot while driving...but I did not want to stand in the middle of the street.flowersetc005.jpg

That little corner park is really cool. I was surprised by how many people hang out there. It was so freaking hot all last week that every time I went by there, there were tons of kids playing in the water.

That little corner park is really cool. I was surprised by how many people hang out there. It was so freaking hot all last week that every time I went by there, there were tons of kids playing in the water.

That's classic. I like that water feature, and I can totally imagine a kid running through it, but a grown woman with a bathing suit on? if only you got a picture! :lol:

That's classic. I like that water feature, and I can totally imagine a kid running through it, but a grown woman with a bathing suit on? if only you got a picture! :lol:

^ You actually found a bike? They are so frequently used that I have a hard time spotting one locked up when I am riding through the town!

The yellow bikes are such a cool idea. I'm totally buying a key when I move up next year.

I love the bikes.

I used one today and it didn't have a lock so i called the number to get another one and the recording said they had ordered more keys due to high demand. It's only been 2 weeks!

I've been calling LFUCG with requests for more bike racks. I've seen many yellow bikes attached to light posts and sign posts in areas where bikes were ... non-existant. The city is willing to install more bike racks wherever there is demand, and it seems as if this program is taking off!

I'd love to see them expand this program to other parts of the city as it continues to grow. It's great for downtowners like us but if we really want to cut into traffic congestion and air pollution we need to cover most if not all the city. But I know this is just the first year and so far it is really taking off.