Kauai Construction Projects

Here's a list of some projects on Kauai, well in one of the towns.

artkauaix.jpg

Although, Kauai is starting to experience a construction boom like the rest of the state has and people are afraid the small-town character of their communities will be lost forever. I agree, Kauai is a beautiful island and so I believe that development should reflect this characteristic.

Nearly a dozen construction projects are under way and will add 4,500 homes and apartments to Kauai's south shore.

I think the island also recently passed some law limiting the size of "Big Box Stores" which is really awesome.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not meaning to dis progress on kauai, but all the urbanization is just making it another maui. now with the superferry, kauai based construction companies and so forth are gonna have to compete with the big boys from oahu. at some point in time i think people are gonna have to stop and take a look around them to try and preserve kauai for what it is, a small island with small town people. please let it stay like that. there is nothing wrong with leaveing something the way it is, not everything needs improvement, somethings are best left the way they are, because kauai is perfect the way it is.

I agree that it would be great to leave Kauai as is however as the population continues to grow on that island they will have to build to keep up with the demand. However, all projects should be well-planned (and I feel they should be dense to keep them from sprawling) communities that also offer affordible housing. New additions to the small town area's should also take it into consideration and perhaps make the buildings mixed-use with housing units above and so forth. I also hope that whatever gets built will be green projects and will compliment the island's unique character. But with all the rich people moving to places like Kauai, Maui and Kona you never know whats going to happened. If so, there will probably be a bunch of gated communities doting the landscape, no affordable housing and a continued exodus of people who had lived their most of their lives. :(

i lived there for 6 months on kauai, the main reason why hawaiians hate mainlanders is because the idiot rich people drive the price of houseing up past the point that any average income islander thats lived there there whole life cant afford a gallon of milk. they need to have actual affordable housing that only locals, borned and raised, can perchase.

• 1 month later...

Here's an update. It's nothing special just an expensive condominium project that only the rich can afford. :( It looks ugly anyway.

Prices for furnished two- to four-bedroom units ranged from $900,000 to more than $3 million, and averaged $1.5 million, according to project broker S&P Destination Properties.

Koloa Landing at Poipu Beach is a 323-unit condominium project scheduled to open in 2010. Fifty-one of 85 units available in the first phase were sold on Saturday.

hawaii710300324AR_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
i lived there for 6 months on kauai, the main reason why hawaiians hate mainlanders is because the idiot rich people drive the price of houseing up past the point that any average income islander thats lived there there whole life cant afford a gallon of milk. they need to have actual affordable housing that only locals, borned and raised, can perchase.

Archived