Embassy Suites Downtown

Who would you like to build on the former arena site?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to build on the former arena site?

• BC Development Co: 300 hotel rooms, 15,000 s.f. of ballroom space, 120,000 s.f. office, Possible 54,000 s.f. upscale condos.
    • HCW Evergreen: 200 hotel rooms, 10,000-12,000 s.f. meeting space, 30 luxury condos, 60,000-120,000 s.f. office.
    • Opus Northwest: 100,000-180,000 s.f. office, 100,000-150,000 s.f. possible hotel.
    • John Q. Hammons: 150-room hotel, 50 underground parking, 100,000-125,000 s.f. office.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEEE HEEE I just found out that HCW Evergreen's proposals for between expo and parking decks... refresh your mind, their proposal is to build a hilton Hotel, residential condominiums, a restaurant and a meeting space of at least 23,000 s.f.... anyway, that would be 16 floors! I'll come back to provide more information.

HEEE HEEE I just found out that HCW Evergreen's proposals for between expo and parking decks... refresh your mind, their proposal is to build a hilton Hotel, residential condominiums, a restaurant and a meeting space of at least 23,000 s.f.... anyway, that would be 16 floors! I'll come back to provide more information.

After going to the commision meeting on Monday I was only pleased with one of the proposals. HCW Evergreen LLC of Branson has proposed a 15-18 story, four-star hotel under the Hilton or Embassy Suites brand for the 1.7 acres of city-owned land adjacent to the Springfield Exposition Center. The hotel would also include upper-floor residential condos. The hotel

OH YEAH!

LOL! You beat me, I got that picture when I was going put that one on it.

That's interesting 18 floors? I thou that was 16 floors were told by reporter from News-Leader. Here the details:

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...D=2007702270355

Anyway, I heard that HCW Evergreen and Hammons are fighting each another, it's awesome thing to see Hammons are afraid. One of my co-worker at News-Leader said that Hammons have lot of money and lot of favortism... need get over with it... free enterprise. I was like oh YEAH.

Hammons, go build your own building another place or buy that SBC Building!

Let us pray pray pray pray really bad. :cry:

That would be nice but I would like to see these get done before he plans on something that big. The tallest building in the state is in KC and is 198 meters at 42 floors which is twice the size of Hammons tower.

Those buildings I talked about were mentioned in the Springfield Business Journal last winter. It talked about how Hammons wanted to leave a last big gift for Springfield. It then went on to say he wanted to build a 22-28 story all-inclusive luxury hotel, and add another 2 million sf. of class A office space incorperated in a tower in downtown. I really think this will happen, I just think he is siting on the sidelines waiting for the right time.

Great Southern is also in discussions to build a 20+ story Great Southern Bank Building downtown. Their operations would be on the first 5 floors and the last 2 floors. Then of course the remaining floors would be leased out.

This is very very interesting that Springfield rather go with HCW's proposed upscale hotel than Hammons Co. Because they need more rooms and closer to Expo, that's their main reason. Hammons Co. says opposes them, prefers connecting to University Plaza. I was like OMG, they're out of date. No one will come to that old '70 hotel. I was so awed that Springfieldians oppositing with Hammons Co. Oblivously, Hammons Co. don't want to them build on next to their precious Hammonville. That would might hurt their business, but looking ahead they're already having successful business. If Springfield going to allow HCW to build 18 story, might make Hammons Co. "jealously" go make more high-rise building to impressive them. I guess or not. This is a beginning of high-rise culture around here, I bows to "HCW" someone who will take that risk. Find here more information from Sunday News-Leader, on website. Again, I bow to HCW.

When I read the Business Tech from News-Leader, I was like OMG yes yes yes! It says, "Hotel would benefit expo center" it was told by Susan Wade, Spokeswoman for the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau.

If Hammon Co. tried something to prevent them to build near their Hammonville, I would personally hate them forever. :angry:

The bottom line? "We need more hotel rooms near the expo center to compete, and (more) ballroom space will be nice, too," she said.

Here the News-Leader website:

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...D=2007703040402

This is very very interesting that Springfield rather go with HCW's proposed upscale hotel than Hammons Co. Because they need more rooms and closer to Expo, that's their main reason. Hammons Co. says opposes them, prefers connecting to University Plaza. I was like OMG, they're out of date. No one will come to that old '70 hotel. I was so awed that Springfieldians oppositing with Hammons Co. Oblivously, Hammons Co. don't want to them build on next to their precious Hammonville. That would might hurt their business, but looking ahead they're already having successful business. If Springfield going to allow HCW to build 18 story, might make Hammons Co. "jealously" go make more high-rise building to impressive them. I guess or not. This is a beginning of high-rise culture around here, I bows to "HCW" someone who will take that risk. Find here more information from Sunday News-Leader, on website. Again, I bow to HCW.

When I read the Business Tech from News-Leader, I was like OMG yes yes yes! It says, "Hotel would benefit expo center" it was told by Susan Wade, Spokeswoman for the Springfield Convention and Visitors Bureau.

If Hammon Co. tried something to prevent them to build near their Hammonville, I would personally hate them forever. :angry:

The bottom line? "We need more hotel rooms near the expo center to compete, and (more) ballroom space will be nice, too," she said.

Here the News-Leader website:

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...D=2007703040402

Hey thanks! I've always wanted a place where I can keep up with new projects in Springfield....

I copied it out of the SBJ article... I think. Oh no, it was OzarksFirst.com one sec, i'll get a link.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=5238

But a six to four vote shows some Commissioners are concerned about cutting out a major downtown player, which happens to control 90 feet of property between the vacant land and the Expo Center.

"JQH is the only one with rights to that easement," notes Coonrod. "Are we going to leave it as a tree line or integrate it?"

You know he's gonna throw a fit about that one. :rolleyes:

Hey thanks! I've always wanted a place where I can keep up with new projects in Springfield....

I copied it out of the SBJ article... I think. Oh no, it was OzarksFirst.com one sec, i'll get a link.

http://www.ozarksfirst.com/content/fulltext/?cid=5238

But a six to four vote shows some Commissioners are concerned about cutting out a major downtown player, which happens to control 90 feet of property between the vacant land and the Expo Center.

"JQH is the only one with rights to that easement," notes Coonrod. "Are we going to leave it as a tree line or integrate it?"

You know he's gonna throw a fit about that one. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind a building design like this:

Point.jpg

Going in that area. It seems like it would make everyone happy. Bottom floor restaurant/shopping, next 4-5 floors for office, next 10 a hotel, next 3 or 4 condos, totalling 18 or so stories...

So does this mean it's going to be even better? Or is he playing mind games with the city.

I could see him doing something along the lines of "Let me build in the arena lot, or I won't build a new downtown springfield"

Archived