Embassy Suites Downtown

Who would you like to build on the former arena site?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to build on the former arena site?

• BC Development Co: 300 hotel rooms, 15,000 s.f. of ballroom space, 120,000 s.f. office, Possible 54,000 s.f. upscale condos.
    • HCW Evergreen: 200 hotel rooms, 10,000-12,000 s.f. meeting space, 30 luxury condos, 60,000-120,000 s.f. office.
    • Opus Northwest: 100,000-180,000 s.f. office, 100,000-150,000 s.f. possible hotel.
    • John Q. Hammons: 150-room hotel, 50 underground parking, 100,000-125,000 s.f. office.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SBJ poll is more promising...

Four-star hotel with residential condos 52%

254 votes

Five-story office building for BKD with restaurant/retail space 39%

190 votes

Two multistory office buildings for BKD and a third-party tenant 7%

35 votes

Schools/parks administrative complex 2%

10 votes

Let me predict the future before Hammons say anything....

I think he will planning HUGE high-rise.

Or

Possible more high-rise buildings.

Last one... hmmm hmmm

Copying from Branson Landing... hmmm hmm somewhere. Hard to say.

He better shock us really really hard and beat our expects. :angry:

http://www.sbj.net/article.asp?aID=6997177...&aID2=76683

What a disapointment and what a jerk. I swear. I hate that man. He is a selfish creep. One week ago they were saying there's no need for hotel rooms there and that it just could not work. You know he is doing this so the city council will say "Oh, well Hammons is already building a hotel right across the street, we better vote on the office building that gives squat back to the city and isn't even a high-rise. Boy, that's some big vision John, don't over do yourself.

What a disapointment and what a jerk. I swear. I hate that man. He is a selfish creep. One week ago they were saying there's no need for hotel rooms there and that it just could not work. You know he is doing this so the city council will say "Oh, well Hammons is already building a hotel right across the street, we better vote on the office building that gives squat back to the city and isn't even a high-rise. Boy, that's some big vision John, don't over do yourself.

I just hope that the people in Springfield realise what a classless move this was on his part. To have officials of his company say that a hotel would not work in that 1.7 acre plot but it would work 10 feet to the south of it.

My friends, are you all familiar with the term cock block? Because you all have just witnessed the best example of it that I could ever think of. I'm using the term in a completely nonsexual way -- for the record.

Sorry, for those of you that don't know me, I post on occasion. And I certainly haven't posted in awhile. I have been watching and reading this whole time. But the events of today warrant no silence. Peace out.

Guys... I asked my girlfriend about protesting. She said that I should because I love this Springfield. Hammons turning centrel Spfd into Hammonville. He destroyed our dreams, and their dreams, too. He's trying to make comissioners turn down all high-rises to keep his Hammons Tower popular. I'm tired of him. I think it's time to stop him do that. 20 years, there no high-rise building. Your welcome to join me to protest at chamber of comm building. If u don't want to, I'll understand.

I won't allow Hammons destroy the Springfield's culture.

Guys... I asked my girlfriend about protesting. She said that I should because I love this Springfield. Hammons turning centrel Spfd into Hammonville. He destroyed our dreams, and their dreams, too. He's trying to make comissioners turn down all high-rises to keep his Hammons Tower popular. I'm tired of him. I think it's time to stop him do that. 20 years, there no high-rise building. Your welcome to join me to protest at chamber of comm building. If u don't want to, I'll understand.

I won't allow Hammons destroy the Springfield's culture.

Thanks... I will have to go work at 5pm.... I don't know if they can stand that more than a hour.

I need to bring medias around here to see that. Make others to join me.

what I should write on Picket sign.. to get them understand completely... I mean there are lot of reasons to explain why.

Here's one idea....

John Q. Hammon's

A very Powerfull....Jerk!

I would stand on the 1.7 acres sidewalk. That would probably draw more attention. Just make sure that you let no one tell you to leave, as long as your on the sidewalk you are on publec property.

Well, when you get too specific like that, people will perceive it wrong. They might think that you just want a highrise. You should broaden your statement so that it attacks him for being a hypocrite.

Archived