Embassy Suites Downtown

Who would you like to build on the former arena site?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to build on the former arena site?

• BC Development Co: 300 hotel rooms, 15,000 s.f. of ballroom space, 120,000 s.f. office, Possible 54,000 s.f. upscale condos.
    • HCW Evergreen: 200 hotel rooms, 10,000-12,000 s.f. meeting space, 30 luxury condos, 60,000-120,000 s.f. office.
    • Opus Northwest: 100,000-180,000 s.f. office, 100,000-150,000 s.f. possible hotel.
    • John Q. Hammons: 150-room hotel, 50 underground parking, 100,000-125,000 s.f. office.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't mind a building design like this:

Point.jpg

Going in that area. It seems like it would make everyone happy. Bottom floor restaurant/shopping, next 4-5 floors for office, next 10 a hotel, next 3 or 4 condos, totalling 18 or so stories...

I wish I knew... Almost no one spoke about it. I bet they will talk about it after the plans for between the Expo and JVP Parking. I think they are really serious about looking for new Hilton, belielve me... They know that will boost Downtown more poplaur than before. My favorite motto is "If you built it, they will come." :D

WHOA! Talk about a shocker...

http://www.sbj.net/poll.asp?showresults=ye...t=yes&id=92

For those who have been following the poll on SBJ.net about the area, you will know that the hotel has been way ahead of anything else the whole time, well all of a sudden today the BKD building multiplied it's votes by 50.

I guarantee BKD told all their employees to go look at the poll and vote. I hope that the commission doesn't look at that.

I know, they obviously told their employee's to vote on the website. Everyone knows that the Hotel is the top condtender here. Do they honestly believe that people would vote for that instead of a 4 star hotel, condos, 100,000 sgf. of office/retail space. It has all of what BKD is proposing and much much much much more!

I know, they obviously told their employee's to vote on the website. Everyone knows that the Hotel is the top condtender here. Do they honestly believe that people would vote for that instead of a 4 star hotel, condos, 100,000 sgf. of office/retail space. It has all of what BKD is proposing and much much much much more!

Well, I guess that "Later date" is friday:

John Q. Hammons, a major Springfield developer, announced this afternoon that he will share plans for downtown Springfield development at 11 a.m., Friday, at the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce.

Hammons, whose proposal to build an office complex next to the Springfield Expo Center on St. Louis Street was jettisoned (Nice word, news-leader ;) )by a group of local officials, had originally planned to unveil his vision for downtown Springfield at 11 a.m. today but postponed the event.

Well, I guess that "Later date" is friday:

John Q. Hammons, a major Springfield developer, announced this afternoon that he will share plans for downtown Springfield development at 11 a.m., Friday, at the Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce.

Hammons, whose proposal to build an office complex next to the Springfield Expo Center on St. Louis Street was jettisoned (Nice word, news-leader ;) )by a group of local officials, had originally planned to unveil his vision for downtown Springfield at 11 a.m. today but postponed the event.

Well there have always been rumors of him giving one last ENORMOUS gift to the city, I would assume that this is it. Hopefully it's something like the Branson Landing or a new district, or something like that.

Who knows what it will be. I would be lying if I said I didn't care about it, it's just how he and his partners go about the way they do business. It is sickening aka a Dictatoship. I am glad what he has done for the city but the truth is if he wouldn't have done it someone else would have, some things that is. I would think that he will unveil a plan that incorporates the 1.7 acres of which he has no control over.

Archived