Embassy Suites Downtown

Who would you like to build on the former arena site?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to build on the former arena site?

• BC Development Co: 300 hotel rooms, 15,000 s.f. of ballroom space, 120,000 s.f. office, Possible 54,000 s.f. upscale condos.
    • HCW Evergreen: 200 hotel rooms, 10,000-12,000 s.f. meeting space, 30 luxury condos, 60,000-120,000 s.f. office.
    • Opus Northwest: 100,000-180,000 s.f. office, 100,000-150,000 s.f. possible hotel.
    • John Q. Hammons: 150-room hotel, 50 underground parking, 100,000-125,000 s.f. office.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the News-Leader story:

Rick Huffman of HCW, after hearing of Hammons' announcement, said; "This doesn't change anything. We will move forward with our presentation to the city. We will continue with the process, we don't want to let the city down."

HCW proposes a 280 room hotel with 40,000-100,000 square feet of office and commercial space.

"It's interesting, two weeks ago Mr. Hammons said the city couldn't support one 4-star hotel because the ADR's (average daily rates) were too low. Now he says it can," said Huffman. "This is obviously a ploy to show Mr. Hammons doesn't want competition with himself."

Rick Huffman of HCW, after hearing of Hammons' announcement, said; "This doesn't change anything. We will move forward with our presentation to the city. We will continue with the process, we don't want to let the city down."

HCW proposes a 280 room hotel with 40,000-100,000 square feet of office and commercial space.

"It's interesting, two weeks ago Mr. Hammons said the city couldn't support one 4-star hotel because the ADR's (average daily rates) were too low. Now he says it can," said Huffman. "This is obviously a ploy to show Mr. Hammons doesn't want competition with himself."

Guys...

You know.... this is interesting... there are lot of issues with Hammons' Plan, I read almost all reports from every news and newspapers. Most of them were like "What? Second Hotel? By your old hotel?" CVB most prefer HCW's plan, I bet half of them from Chamber of Comm. would rather go with HCW. I don't know why I just felt that... I think I'm getting too weird or something.

You know, I felt something that they will vote HCW. What your feel about it?

You know this is funny, if HCW were building a new hotel. Hammons would drop the plans, or not? Interesting theory. If Hammons still going to build second hotel. Hell, let them, more tall buildings. :D

"We don't want to let the city down"

My friends, are you all familiar with the term cock block? Because you all have just witnessed the best example of it that I could ever think of. I'm using the term in a completely nonsexual way -- for the record.

Sorry, for those of you that don't know me, I post on occasion. And I certainly haven't posted in awhile. I have been watching and reading this whole time. But the events of today warrant no silence. Peace out.

Guys...

You know.... this is interesting... there are lot of issues with Hammons' Plan, I read almost all reports from every news and newspapers. Most of them were like "What? Second Hotel? By your old hotel?" CVB most prefer HCW's plan, I bet half of them from Chamber of Comm. would rather go with HCW. I don't know why I just felt that... I think I'm getting too weird or something.

You know, I felt something that they will vote HCW. What your feel about it?

You know this is funny, if HCW were building a new hotel. Hammons would drop the plans, or not? Interesting theory. If Hammons still going to build second hotel. Hell, let them, more tall buildings. :D

I love you, Rick Huffman.

I'm sure that they will choose HCW's plan, although the city leaders here can be persuaded very easily. What Rick really needs to look into is how to snatch away that 90 foot lease that Hammons has right next to the expo center, so the convention center can be expanded to connect with the Hilton.

I wish HCW would just go ahead and add more condo floors to the top of this thing to make it taller than Hammons tower. The maket is ready for more downtown condos and has been for a while. Plus it would be a stab, or in the business world a " a business move, " back at Hammons for being such a hypocritical idiot.

Eww I take that back. I do not like that guys opinion.

"While we believe the city owes Hammons a great deal for his vision and economic commitment to the city, we don't believe that gratitude should come at the expense of fair treatment of other business interests, such as developer Rick Huffman, whose hotel suggestion for the arena land now is likely dead."

That statement is full of crap and it's the mindset that will styme the entire city of Springfield. John Q Isn't some "god" like some people would like to believe. He is a piece of scum who has terrible ethics in the way he deals with things.

I dont know why you say that the HCW plan is Dead. It's still the most attractive deal. It has everything downtown Springfield needs: a skyscraper, Hilton hotel, office space, retail space, and upscale condos. I dont know why it would suddenly be dead because hammons is building a TINY 5-story hotel.

Archived