Embassy Suites Downtown

Who would you like to build on the former arena site?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to build on the former arena site?

• BC Development Co: 300 hotel rooms, 15,000 s.f. of ballroom space, 120,000 s.f. office, Possible 54,000 s.f. upscale condos.
    • HCW Evergreen: 200 hotel rooms, 10,000-12,000 s.f. meeting space, 30 luxury condos, 60,000-120,000 s.f. office.
    • Opus Northwest: 100,000-180,000 s.f. office, 100,000-150,000 s.f. possible hotel.
    • John Q. Hammons: 150-room hotel, 50 underground parking, 100,000-125,000 s.f. office.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG I don't know if any of you know but the announcement that Hammons made about building the 5-7 story hotel by the university plaza was a scare tactic and more notibly a LIE! This doesn't surprise me that Hammons would do this. However it does mean that Huffman can go back to his original plan and maybe add more office space since the city is talking about letting the developer buy or lease the WHOLE CAR PARK! This will allow for ALOT more rooms, condos, office!!!! The only bad thing about this is Hammons owns the 90 foot lease next to the EXPO which would allow his proposal to be connected to the EXPO which the other developers will not be able to. Let us pray.

A clashing of egos was no clearer than when hotelier John Q. Hammons held a press conference in the face of competitors Rick Huffman and financial backer Robert W. Plaster to announce his own four-star hotel plan

Please don't tease us like this. I know that it was just a joke, but I want downtown to have more highrises just like the rest of you. False pictures and statements like that don't help the credibility of boards like this (that I would love others to take more seriously).

Please don't take this as bossy. I just don't want people to think less seriously of these discussions (which I love, but don't get much time to respond to) if they happen to log in between the original posting of a joke picture and your admitting that it was just a joke.

Thanks.

The City of Springfield has issued the second round of proposals.

Springfield hotelier John Q. Hammons, Branson-based developer Rick Huffman of HCW Evergreen Inc. and Springfield-based accounting firm BKD LLP each received RFPs from the city. All three had previously submitted proposals for the former arena site, but only HCW Evergreen and BKD were still in the running when the second round of requests was issued.

The RFP also includes minimum criteria for the hotel, which should have at least 150 rooms, 10,000 square feet of meeting space and a four-star rating under a nationally recognized flag. Firms willing to purchase all or a portion of the adjacent Jordan Valley Car Park will receive

• 4 weeks later...

Only 2 days until proposals are in for the vacant site! I'm getting very anxious to say the least.

BTW... Just to let everyone know I am now the moderator for the Springfield Branson Forum as well as the Missouri Forum! If anyone needs anything or has questions let me know.

Don't get too excited yet. The first news blip that came from the News-Leader had minimal information.

It doesn't say anything about the expected height of the proposals. But most of them are said to be single-building proposals (so hopefully maybe they'll have to be tall).

Four proposals were submitted (Huffman, Hammons, and two Kansas City companies).

Read about it here:

http://www.news-leader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...KING01/70524047

Archived