Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dgreco

MLB

183 posts in this topic

we have a NASCAR and NHL threads so I thought I would start some other sports ones..

My 2007 MLB Projections are here!

AMERICAN LEAGUE EAST

boston_banner.gif

toronto_banner.gif

NYyankees_banner.gif

baltimore_banner.gif

tampabay_banner.gif

AMERICAN LEAGUE CENTRAL

detroit_banner.gif

cleveland_banner.gif

chicagowsox_banner.gif

minnesota_banner.gif

kansascity_banner.gif

AMERICAN LEAGUE WEST

anaheim_banner.gif

oakland_banner.gif

seattle_banner.gif

texas_banner.gif

I couldn't post all the images in one post. sorry.

NATIONAL LEAGUE EAST

nymets_banner.gif

atlanta_banner.gif

philadelphia_banner.gif

florida_banner.gif

washington_banner.gif

NATIONAL LEAGUE CENTRAL

milwaukee_banner.gif

chicagocubs_banner.gif

houston_banner.gif

cincinnati_banner.gif

stlouis_banner.gif

pittsburgh_banner.gif

NATIONAL LEAGUE WEST

sandiego_banner.gif

losangeles_banner.gif

sanfrancisco_banner.gif

arizona_banner.gif

colorado_banner.gif

Being a Red Sox fan, it's good to be sitting in first place. Being a Red Sox fan, I'm also scared of the Yankees making a comeback no matter how far in the rear view mirror they sit.

Oh, and the Brewers are gonna win the NL Central this year, go really far. They are for real.

Being a Red Sox fan, it's good to be sitting in first place. Being a Red Sox fan, I'm also scared of the Yankees making a comeback no matter how far in the rear view mirror they sit.

Oh, and the Brewers are gonna win the NL Central this year, go really far. They are for real.

AL East

1. BOS

2. NYY

3. TOR

4. TB

5. BAL

AL Central

1. DET

2. CLE

3. CWS

4. MIN

5. KC

AL West

1. ANA

2. OAK

3. SEA

4. TEX

NL East

1. NYM

2. ATL

3. PHI

4. FLA

5. WAS

NL Central

1. MIL

2. PIT

3. CHI

4. HOU

5. STL

6. CIN

NL West

1. LA

2. SD

3. AZ

4. COL

5. SF

AL East

1. BOS

2. NYY

3. TOR

4. TB

5. BAL

AL Central

1. DET

2. CLE

3. CWS

4. MIN

5. KC

AL West

1. ANA

2. OAK

3. SEA

4. TEX

NL East

1. NYM

2. ATL

3. PHI

4. FLA

5. WAS

NL Central

1. MIL

2. PIT

3. CHI

4. HOU

5. STL

6. CIN

NL West

1. LA

2. SD

3. AZ

4. COL

5. SF

Hopefully Boston will self destruct after the all-star break like they always do the Yankees will move up and take the division. ;)

Hopefully Boston will self destruct after the all-star break like they always do the Yankees will move up and take the division. ;)

If that really happens, pro sports as we know it is completely rigged and I'll probably need to throw myself in front of a speeding train.

Well it has happened before remember the 2004 ALCS and World Series, I still think it was rigged.

But Boston had the curse and what a way to break it be the first team to come back from a 0-3 start to the ALCS and win against the Yankees and then go on to sweep the team with the best record in baseball in the World Series.

But Boston had the curse and what a way to break it be the first team to come back from a 0-3 start to the ALCS and win against the Yankees and then go on to sweep the team with the best record in baseball in the World Series.

I don't think anyone even paid attention to baseball after that ALCS. It's like... oh yea, and Boston's still playing against this St. Louis team right now.

Oh wait, we just won the World Series? Whoa. I thought we did that last week in Yankee Stadium.

Roger Clemens likely to make his first start with on Monday, Hopefully he can help save the Yankees season.

Edited by TONYCLT

Roger Clemens likely to make his first start with on Monday, Hopefully he can help save the Yankees season.

I'm still keeping hope alive that the Yankees will break out of this slump.

The Yankees are due for a breakdown. Even very high salary teams can be horrible given the right circumstances, just ask the New York Rangers, and Knicks....

The Yankees are due for a breakdown. Even very high salary teams can be horrible given the right circumstances, just ask the New York Rangers, and Knicks....

the NBA salary cap is a mystery and can make you stuck for a long time. The Knicks will be in a high salary cap with no great players for a long time. Until contracts clear off they are stuck.

Not to stay off-topic, but the salary cap is only a mystery to Isaiah Thomas. He consistently makes bad trades for guys with bad (and long) contracts that just dig him in deeper. Great player, horrible manager/business man.

I'm glad to see the Tribe salvage a game in Boston last night. Now they have a chance w/ a 4 game series at home w/ Detroit to put a little room between the Tigers and Tribe. We swept them at their place, and the Tribe isn't a good road team, but at home, they have the best home record in baseball. I'd love to see us take 3 of 4, and would be ecstatic if we could sweep them again.

Cleveland is looking very good this year, even though Hafner and Sizemore are kind of struggling at the plate as is Barfield, and they've had to fight off the injury bug. I hope they continue to keep playing well, b/c w/out a salary cap, the good young players they have, they won't be able to keep too long b/c the big market clubs will offer them much more money than a small market team like Cleveland can offer. It's time that some of these small market teams make some noise. I'm tired of the league having no salary cap, putting teams like Cleveland, Kansas City, and Tampa Bay at an unfair disadvantage to teams like the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, and Dodgers. It's not good for baseball to have the same teams be good every year, and the same teams be bad. The NFL has it right, b/c any given year, a team seems to be able to go from sorry to great just like that, or drop off just like that. That keeps the season more interesting.

I'm hoping the salary cap becomes part of baseball as well. There's no reason for the spending madness seen in the major leagues, like there currently is. I hate the fact Boston is spending 143M a year to field a team. It looks like Theo Epstein isn't all that bright fielding a team, just going out getting hired guns who attempt to do the job (cough JD Drew cough)

I'm hoping the salary cap becomes part of baseball as well. There's no reason for the spending madness seen in the major leagues, like there currently is. I hate the fact Boston is spending 143M a year to field a team. It looks like Theo Epstein isn't all that bright fielding a team, just going out getting hired guns who attempt to do the job (cough JD Drew cough)

Zambrano and his catcher Barrett got in a brawl. Looks like they were mad about crossing up the signs. Either way they almost beat each other up in the dugout.