MLB

dgreco

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a Red Sox fan, it's good to be sitting in first place. Being a Red Sox fan, I'm also scared of the Yankees making a comeback no matter how far in the rear view mirror they sit.

Oh, and the Brewers are gonna win the NL Central this year, go really far. They are for real.

Being a Red Sox fan, it's good to be sitting in first place. Being a Red Sox fan, I'm also scared of the Yankees making a comeback no matter how far in the rear view mirror they sit.

Oh, and the Brewers are gonna win the NL Central this year, go really far. They are for real.

AL East

1. BOS

2. NYY

3. TOR

4. TB

5. BAL

AL Central

1. DET

2. CLE

3. CWS

4. MIN

5. KC

AL West

1. ANA

2. OAK

3. SEA

4. TEX

NL East

1. NYM

2. ATL

3. PHI

4. FLA

5. WAS

NL Central

1. MIL

2. PIT

3. CHI

4. HOU

5. STL

6. CIN

NL West

1. LA

2. SD

3. AZ

4. COL

5. SF

AL East

1. BOS

2. NYY

3. TOR

4. TB

5. BAL

AL Central

1. DET

2. CLE

3. CWS

4. MIN

5. KC

AL West

1. ANA

2. OAK

3. SEA

4. TEX

NL East

1. NYM

2. ATL

3. PHI

4. FLA

5. WAS

NL Central

1. MIL

2. PIT

3. CHI

4. HOU

5. STL

6. CIN

NL West

1. LA

2. SD

3. AZ

4. COL

5. SF

But Boston had the curse and what a way to break it be the first team to come back from a 0-3 start to the ALCS and win against the Yankees and then go on to sweep the team with the best record in baseball in the World Series.

I don't think anyone even paid attention to baseball after that ALCS. It's like... oh yea, and Boston's still playing against this St. Louis team right now.

Oh wait, we just won the World Series? Whoa. I thought we did that last week in Yankee Stadium.

Not to stay off-topic, but the salary cap is only a mystery to Isaiah Thomas. He consistently makes bad trades for guys with bad (and long) contracts that just dig him in deeper. Great player, horrible manager/business man.

I'm glad to see the Tribe salvage a game in Boston last night. Now they have a chance w/ a 4 game series at home w/ Detroit to put a little room between the Tigers and Tribe. We swept them at their place, and the Tribe isn't a good road team, but at home, they have the best home record in baseball. I'd love to see us take 3 of 4, and would be ecstatic if we could sweep them again.

Cleveland is looking very good this year, even though Hafner and Sizemore are kind of struggling at the plate as is Barfield, and they've had to fight off the injury bug. I hope they continue to keep playing well, b/c w/out a salary cap, the good young players they have, they won't be able to keep too long b/c the big market clubs will offer them much more money than a small market team like Cleveland can offer. It's time that some of these small market teams make some noise. I'm tired of the league having no salary cap, putting teams like Cleveland, Kansas City, and Tampa Bay at an unfair disadvantage to teams like the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, and Dodgers. It's not good for baseball to have the same teams be good every year, and the same teams be bad. The NFL has it right, b/c any given year, a team seems to be able to go from sorry to great just like that, or drop off just like that. That keeps the season more interesting.

I'm hoping the salary cap becomes part of baseball as well. There's no reason for the spending madness seen in the major leagues, like there currently is. I hate the fact Boston is spending 143M a year to field a team. It looks like Theo Epstein isn't all that bright fielding a team, just going out getting hired guns who attempt to do the job (cough JD Drew cough)

I'm hoping the salary cap becomes part of baseball as well. There's no reason for the spending madness seen in the major leagues, like there currently is. I hate the fact Boston is spending 143M a year to field a team. It looks like Theo Epstein isn't all that bright fielding a team, just going out getting hired guns who attempt to do the job (cough JD Drew cough)