Sign in to follow this  
dgreco

MLB

Got to love the Cubs. They're the equivalent of a mediocre AAA team if it wasn't for all that money thrown around.

Got to love the Cubs. They're the equivalent of a mediocre AAA team if it wasn't for all that money thrown around.

I don't know if anyone is watching the Baseball draft, but they are doing a great job with it, and it has been pretty good so far.

Now that I know this forum is here, I'll be checking in regularly!

If you get Discovery Science channel, you should keep an eye out for a program they ran last night called "Baseball's Secret Formula" about the guy who introduced Sabermetrics. Whether you want to turn America's passtime into science is one thing, but it's interresting none-the-less.

PS: quit frontin' on the boy wonder! Theo is my hero.

Now that I know this forum is here, I'll be checking in regularly!

If you get Discovery Science channel, you should keep an eye out for a program they ran last night called "Baseball's Secret Formula" about the guy who introduced Sabermetrics. Whether you want to turn America's passtime into science is one thing, but it's interresting none-the-less.

PS: quit frontin' on the boy wonder! Theo is my hero.

The good: I'd be tempted to say Beckett and Lowell for Sanchez and H. Ramirez, but those two are pretty good young players. Beckett is becoming more of a stud, so we'll call this good. Last year, no.

The bad: Julio Lugo. Theo seems to have some sort of love affair with certain players, and this was one of them. Yeah, he can run. Yeah, he can play a little D... but Gonzalez was better and a lot cheaper. The bat... well, to be continued.

The ugly: JD Drew.

Trot Nixon please...

Theo didn't actually make the Beckett deal, and was against it.. I think his best non-moves so far, were Pedro, and Damon... I also think he is making a good move without signing Schilling yet.

Theo didn't actually make the Beckett deal, and was against it.. I think his best non-moves so far, were Pedro, and Damon... I also think he is making a good move without signing Schilling yet.

I hated the Drew move myself, especially the money, but to them it isn't killing them. I think we will need the full year on Lugo and Drew before we can decide. I think we know Crisp though, he is basically our Alex Gonzalez this year.

Theo's biggest blunder was Renteria. But really how can you forsee transitions between leagues taking such a toll? Drew is like a tank, even if his is moving laborously through the games, he is still moving, he's a grinder with some skills. As much as I loved Nixon, he had to go. It does no good to have sentimental feelings for someone who is going to miss so many games and force us to play Wily Mo. Wily Mo should be a DH somewhere and that's all...and since we already have a certain DH, he's a chip in play next year.

Theo's biggest blunder was Renteria. But really how can you forsee transitions between leagues taking such a toll? Drew is like a tank, even if his is moving laborously through the games, he is still moving, he's a grinder with some skills. As much as I loved Nixon, he had to go. It does no good to have sentimental feelings for someone who is going to miss so many games and force us to play Wily Mo. Wily Mo should be a DH somewhere and that's all...and since we already have a certain DH, he's a chip in play next year.

I was hoping they would have put Wily Mo in RF to replace Trot, give him some playing time and learning ability. He's got tremendous talent, and I'm still curious why they traded Arroyo for him when he hasn't been getting playing time.

Drew for 14M a year was a very very bad idea, especially when we already had options in the OF like Pena. Or maybe some of these guys down in Pawtucket, give them a chance. Murphy and Ellsbury should be coming along soon, what do we do with them?

I was hoping they would have put Wily Mo in RF to replace Trot, give him some playing time and learning ability. He's got tremendous talent, and I'm still curious why they traded Arroyo for him when he hasn't been getting playing time.

Drew for 14M a year was a very very bad idea, especially when we already had options in the OF like Pena. Or maybe some of these guys down in Pawtucket, give them a chance. Murphy and Ellsbury should be coming along soon, what do we do with them?

Theo is untouchable when he won the World Series. We're still winning even with these pricey mistakes, otherwise he'd be out the door.

I still think Cashman is a better GM, most people in the Nation think I'm crazy.

Speaking of "Sox"....What's up with the White Sox?? They have lost a bunch lately and have gone so cold they let the Astros beat them the last two games! This was the 2005 World Series. The Astros had been playing so bad they could change there name to Lastros :dontknow:

Every year the Astros dig-themselves a big-hole...and get "red-hot" in the 2nd half of the season. That type of stuff will catch-up with them (it did last year when they almost caught STL)!

So far...it looks like the easy prediction would be Red Sox-Mets in the World Series??

Theo is untouchable when he won the World Series. We're still winning even with these pricey mistakes, otherwise he'd be out the door.

I still think Cashman is a better GM, most people in the Nation think I'm crazy.

Swapping out Nixon for Drew was like trading in a beloved old Chevy that breaks down a lot for a new BMW that breaks down a lot.

I'm sure I'll change my mind once Drew really gets going. He's been showing some signs of life lately.