MLB

dgreco

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched both games last night and I couldn't have had a better night. Clemens could be tough for game 3, but he's really beat up, and could potentially throw a gem, or a horrible game. I'd prefer the horrible game. Same with Curt Schilling, he seems to rise to the occasion, but it's not guaranteed, he could just as easily implode and get blown out.

And what was up with those gnats? I despise Joba Chamberlain, so it couldn't have happened to a better guy....

I watched both games last night and I couldn't have had a better night. Clemens could be tough for game 3, but he's really beat up, and could potentially throw a gem, or a horrible game. I'd prefer the horrible game. Same with Curt Schilling, he seems to rise to the occasion, but it's not guaranteed, he could just as easily implode and get blown out.

And what was up with those gnats? I despise Joba Chamberlain, so it couldn't have happened to a better guy....

I really though the Tribe had the Yankees buried last night, up 3-0 after 3. Then the offense stopped hitting and Westbrook had his typical horrible inning where he just imploded. Then Wedge makes a horrible decision to bring in Fultz (who sucked the last 6 wks or so) and he surrenders 3 more runs.

IDK, I think the Tribe could be in trouble now. They send Byrd to the mound tonight. In 2 starts against he Yankees this year, he's surrendered 16 runs in 5 and 2/3rds innings, and now thanks to Westbrook and Fultz, the Yankees offense has woken up. Cleveland needs to score a lot of runs early in this one otherwise it could be a long night, and then the Yankees would have all the momentum going into game 5 and they would have Pettit on the mound, who the Tribe proved they can't hit the other night.

I would have thrown CC tonight b/c he should still be able to get through 5 innings in good shape then turn it over to the Rafaels in the bullpen. If they lose that, then they'd still have the dominant Fausto Carmona for Game 5. The way I feel, if you lose the series, go down w/ your best on the mound instead of losing w/ your worst pitcher on the mound.

Careful with Dice-K, he's hot and cold, if you get a cold Dice, then he's definitely hittable, if he's on, it's 8 innings of one run ball. Don't forget we have Mr. Postseason starting games 3 and 7. Also to be pointed out, the Red Sox bullpen is not the Yankees bullpen, and the meat of the order doesn't pull a disappearing act. While, on paper, Abreu, A-Rod, and Posada look formidable, Posada and A-Rod did nothing. The same cannot be said for Papi, Manny, and Mike Lowell (who has been absolutely lethal this year, btw). The Indians really need to take advantage of the players that are slumping , and make sure they don't hurt them. Getting JD Drew, Coco Crisp and Varitek out every single time would be an immense help to the Indians chances.

Edited by MadVlad

Thank God I fell asleep at the end of the 10th.

These games are taking way too long, it's getting ridiculous. Somethings needs to be done to cut down on all these 4-5+ hr games. And somehow, it seems like the Red Sox are behind most of them.

And someone... please... for the love of God, don't pitch Gagne anymore.

Thank God I fell asleep at the end of the 10th.

These games are taking way too long, it's getting ridiculous. Somethings needs to be done to cut down on all these 4-5+ hr games. And somehow, it seems like the Red Sox are behind most of them.

And someone... please... for the love of God, don't pitch Gagne anymore.