NFL Talk

NCB

I think the Lions could suprise, you never know?? My team the Saints have made habits in the past of being underacheivers until last season. Hang in there.

Hopefully the Lions O-Line will improve; I like Kitna as a QB :thumbsup: Calvin Johnson( instant impact!), Roy Williams(Pro-Bowl) and Mike Furrey could make Kitna's stats jump-out the roof! + Martz in his 2nd season. There is reason to be optimistic torgo :thumbsup: As you already know, the key with all teams is staying healthy!

Speedy Tatum Bell and bruiser TJ Duckett are good pick-up's at RB if Kevin Jones is unable to play.

The LBers are fast; Ernie Sims, Teddy Lehman, Boss Bailey.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So John Kitna, the QB of the NFL's laughingstock, the Detroit Lions, says that they are going to win at least ten games this year. Sure, they have a good bunch of receivers, but last I checked, they had no offensive line, no defensive line, no secondary, and a so-so running back with a nasty leg injury. Does anyone think that a team that hasn't won more than six games since the Clinton Administration can suddenly win 10? I think they will be better, maybe (maybe!) winning seven, but not ten.

Every year someone from Detroit says "this will be the year we get it together", only to start the season 2-9. I really like the new coach and his attitude, but I can't help but think "same old Lions..."

besides the bears, who is good in the NFC north? I don't even think the bears are that good. If Rex plays the entire year like last year they may only be a 9-7 team, you don't know with the NFC north. Green Bay has fallen hard since the late 90's and besides that one great season from the vikings, the division has been weak.

besides the bears, who is good in the NFC north? I don't even think the bears are that good. If Rex plays the entire year like last year they may only be a 9-7 team, you don't know with the NFC north. Green Bay has fallen hard since the late 90's and besides that one great season from the vikings, the division has been weak.

For FFL purposes this caught my eye......Breaking-down the AFC & NFC Divisons(East, North, South,West)

Is there a Division out there with better "starting runningbacks" than the NFC West??? Rams-Steven Jackson; Seahawks-Shaun Alexander; 49ers-Frank Gore; Cardinals-Edgerrin James?? That's very impressive IMO!

Of course Ladainian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson make the AFC's West runner-up's. Eventhough LT is as good as it gets!

Edited by richyb83

For FFL purposes this caught my eye......Breaking-down the AFC & NFC Divisons(East, North, South,West)

Is there a Division out there with better "starting runningbacks" than the NFC West??? Rams-Steven Jackson; Seahawks-Shaun Alexander; 49ers-Frank Gore; Cardinals-Edgerrin James?? That's very impressive IMO!

Of course Ladainian Tomlinson and Larry Johnson make the AFC's West runner-up's. Eventhough LT is as good as it gets!

Just finished reading Tony Dungy's new book. Great backstories about Tampa and Indianapolis leading up to the Superbowl. gives some great insight to what goes on behind the scenes with coaching staff, ownership and the players.

Congrats to Tony and the Colts!

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Lions signed #2 pick Calvin Johnson finally, so that's good.

However, their 2nd round pick QB Drew Stanton has been placed on IR and is done for the season, with a knee problem that he also had in college. Nice draft pick, idiots. Jeez.

Pre-season starts next weekend!

The Hall of Fame game is tonight! Saints vs. the Steelers on NFL Network!!!

Kitna should have some nice numbers this year for the Lions with those WR's! Hopefully the O-Line will do their part??Stanton would not have played much this year anyway...still a good long-term pick IMO.

I haven't heard anything about the Jaguars relocating to Orlando??

Detroit and Dallas won last night. Not to read too much in to any of it, but Cinci's first stringers looked pretty good. The Lions starters looked just awful on both sides of the ball. No pressure on from the D-line, crappy coverage in the secondary, terrible pass protection on offense. Second-stringers looked a lot better though.

Yeah having a losing pre-season is nothing to get too worried about. The Colts have nearly the worst record the past couple of pre-seasons; The Saints were only 1-3 last year too.

Being a Football fan, it's always interesting to watch the 2nd and 3rd stringers battling for their NFL Careers. 85-90 players trying to earn a a final spot on the 53-man roster. Some players you'll recognize playing College Football on TV.... Some "sleepers" always seem to come from some of the smallest places;ex: new rookie "starters" last year Marques Colston from "Hofstra" and Jahri Evans from "Bloomsburg "!

If only the Bengals could stay out of trouble.

How about Lions WR-Mike Furrey??? A few years ago living in a truck; then plays arena ball; Cut, etc. then lands on Rams as a DB; then WR with 98-receptions last year!!! :wacko: Talk about coming outta nowhere!

Edited by richyb83

Bank of America Corp. will announce Thursday a deal to become the official bank of the National Football League, extending a marketing campaign that now has stamped the nation's three most popular professional sports with the brand of the nation's largest retail bank.

The three-year deal gives the Charlotte company exclusive rights to use the NFL's brand -- including those two precious words, "Super Bowl" -- in advertising banking products. Other terms were not disclosed.

The bank said it will offer cards and checks displaying the NFL logo, and those of four teams: the Carolina Panthers, the New England Patriots, the Dallas Cowboys and the Washington Redskins

The Charlotte Observer is reporting that Time Warner Cable Inc. and Cablevision Systems Corp. are refusing to carry the NFL Network, launched in 2003, on the league's terms. Charter Communications Inc., whose controlling shareholder owns the Seattle Seahawks, stopped carrying the network in late 2005 because of a contract dispute. Comcast Corp., the country's largest cable operator, yanked the NFL Network out of millions of homes after a bitter battle. The NFL tried to stop Comcast by suing, but lost. The case is now on appeal.

I'm not sure who else is besides Dish. NFL Network officials insist that placing the NFL channel on a sports tier for an extra fee is out of the question. What worries me is that they say the Thanksgiving Day game of Indy at Atlanta is on the NFL network. So will we not be able to watch football that day?

Faith Hill will sing the opening theme to NBC's "Sunday Night Football" this season. She will sing "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night" before each game" which was previously sung by Pink. It will be set to the tune of Joan Jett's '80s hit, "I Hate Myself for Loving You."

• 3 weeks later...
Who comes out of the NFC this year? Green Bay? Tampa? Dallas? The NFC just continues to look bad, but the two biggest surprises this year are San Diego and New Orleans. I guess on the plus side we would say Detroit? and Houston?
Edited by torgo