NFL Talk

NCB

^ I have to give the Pats credit -- they have a way of making teams melt down completely. The Eagles and Ravens just fell apart mentally in the last couple of weeks, and the Steelers defense rolled over in a way they haven't all season. I have a feeling it's more a game-planning issue than anything... the Pats do a really good job of exploiting weaknesses and that tends to spook good defenses. When a team's opponents consistently have mental meltdowns on the field, it's not a coincidence.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I have to give the Pats credit -- they have a way of making teams melt down completely. The Eagles and Ravens just fell apart mentally in the last couple of weeks, and the Steelers defense rolled over in a way they haven't all season. I have a feeling it's more a game-planning issue than anything... the Pats do a really good job of exploiting weaknesses and that tends to spook good defenses. When a team's opponents consistently have mental meltdowns on the field, it's not a coincidence.

• 2 weeks later...

Parcells won't take long to get the ship righted. He knows what a winning organization looks like, so I don't expect many Dolphins personnel to last the summer. Parcells will draw free agents with his reputation for winning, and considering their draft position they should be getting immediate contributors. I'd expect them to win 4-6 games next year, 8 after that, and be back in the playoffs by 2010.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well it has finally happened. The Panthers are cleaning house and righting the wrongs that have built up over the past 3 years. I say bye-bye and best wishes to Dan Morgan. A helluva MLB that is as tough as construction paper. Goodbye David Carr...sorry Houston fans I didn't believe you now I wish we did. Mike Wahle maybe your best days were in Green Bay maybe not but your line play didn't live up to the hype. The only departure I don't like is Kris Jenkins. Although he does balloon a ton in the off-season he comes to play every game. He was hands down our best DL last season. The only guy on that line who showed any kind of heart. Jet fans your are getting a good DL who will make plays in the middle. Now we have to rely on Kemo the clown who has all that weight still ends up 5 yards of the ball. We see the return of #87,moose, if anything he will provide some short to intermediate help for Jake and maybe nudge Jarett along. So is anyone else happy of disgruntled about their teams off season moves.

Well it has finally happened. The Panthers are cleaning house and righting the wrongs that have built up over the past 3 years. I say bye-bye and best wishes to Dan Morgan. A helluva MLB that is as tough as construction paper. Goodbye David Carr...sorry Houston fans I didn't believe you now I wish we did. Mike Wahle maybe your best days were in Green Bay maybe not but your line play didn't live up to the hype. The only departure I don't like is Kris Jenkins. Although he does balloon a ton in the off-season he comes to play every game. He was hands down our best DL last season. The only guy on that line who showed any kind of heart. Jet fans your are getting a good DL who will make plays in the middle. Now we have to rely on Kemo the clown who has all that weight still ends up 5 yards of the ball. We see the return of #87,moose, if anything he will provide some short to intermediate help for Jake and maybe nudge Jarett along. So is anyone else happy of disgruntled about their teams off season moves.

The Saints picked up MLB Jonathan Vilma from the Jets for a conditional 2009 4th round draft pick. I know Vilma is coming off knee surgery, but I saw him at Miami and saw what a beast he was for the Jets in the 4-3 scheme before Mangini arrived, so I'm very excited about this trade for the Saints. He seems like a classy guy as well, which I love to see. Any Jets/AFC East fans here at UP? What were your experiences with Jonathan Vilma while he was a Jet?

• 4 months later...

Favre was/is still on Top of his game; that's what makes it painful for me. He should never announced he was going to retire in the first place. He was just mentally exhausted at that time. He has stayed virtually injury free throughout his entire career. The Packers have a nice returning WR core (Driver, Jennings, J.Jones, rookie-Nelson)! and should be a playoff team once again. He definetly has another solid year left in him.

The Packers seem to have had no choice than to move-on w/o him and give Aaron Rodgers a chance. This isn't going to be an easy situation either way.

The Packers have now said they aren't going to release Favre, that they'd be happy to have him back up Aaron Rodgers. Seems like the only logical choice at this point. There's no way he'll be released, because it seems pretty certain that he'd go a division rival (Minnesota or Chicago). So if Favre comes back now, it looks like he can be second-fiddle (which he obviously doesn't want), or get traded, which will allow the Pack to control where he ends up, and I'm sure they want him out of the division (and probably out of the conference).

Edited by torgo