NFL Talk

NCB

he is back

in camp today running drills.

I have to say he is just about my favorite player ever, but I hate the retirement card thing he has thrown out there twice.

I hope things go well for him, but not so well as to cause any harm to a Patriot Superbowl.

also If i was rodgers I would bring a tire iron to practive. (joking)

that dude must be nearly unhinged by now.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he's done in Green Bay. And what a shame because the Packers had a legit shot to get to the Super Bowl with Favre! Poor Aaron Rodgers is going to be put under a serious microscope for every little thing. He did not have the best preformance in his Family Day scrimmage.

Rumor has it Favre is going to be traded to the other "Bay"; as in the Tampa Bay Bucs??? As of now Garcia is injured and will miss the pre-season opener.

The Patriots, Colts and Chargers look to be the front-runners in the AFC again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow, the refs completely blew the game between San Diego and Denver. Cutler's obvious fumble was ruled an incomplete pass, and could not be overturned because the whistle had blown. Tough break for the Chargers.

Rumor has it that Raiders coach Lane Kiffin will get axed soon, despite a win over KC.

Edited by torgo

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they did Torgo; the Chargers are the hard luck team; esp since losing to the Panthers on the last play; then the refs mess up.

Looks like Kiffin hangs on again; even after the heart-breaking last second loss to the Bills.

I realize it's still way early, but the NFL is really wide-open this season; esp. the AFC!!! Wow, the team I thought might be the NFL's Worst Dolphins?? led by RB-Ronnie Brown dismantled the Patriots 38-13! It's crazy them & the Colts not in 1st place! The Bills and Titans are both 3-0!! Should be a very interesting season! The Steelers looked strong but the injuries could be a problem. Denver's offense is high-octane with Cutler and Marshall!

Could the balance of power finally be shifting back to the NFC?? Are the Cowboys & Giants on a collision course??

Poor Ohio & Missouri!!! A combined 0-12 record!! Bengals, Browns, Chiefs and Rams all 0-3. The 0-3 Lions have already given up 113 points so far.

Edited by richyb83

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really excited about the Falcons after their win in Green Bay.

Not only have they won more games than most experts predicted already (Sporting News predicted 1-15, Sports Illustrated said 2-14), but they're look great as a team. The talent they have could be something to be reckoned with in a couple of years.

Right now, though, we just have to take it one game at a time and see where we get. I'm not expectign a Super Bowl or playoff caliber team yet by any means, but we coule win 6 to 8 games if we play hard. Even if we don't I like what I see now and am optimistic for the franchise's future for the first time in a couple of years.

• 1 month later...

WOW! The Titans are now 9-0!!! Good to see veteran QB Kerry Collins doing so well. The Defense is tough! Rookie RB-Chris Johnson is FAST!!

Looks like the balance of power has tilted back in favor of the NFC?? The defending Super Bowl Champ NY Giants(8-1) are playing lights out!!! The NFL's Largest RB- Brandon Jacobs is one scary dude!!! Carolina Panthers 7-2; Falcons 6-3; Cardinals 6-3 have been a suprise!!! Rookie QB-Matt Ryan has been solid; good to see Jake Delhomme fully recovered!! Kurt Warner still has it!!!

The Patriots (6-3) are doing well w/o Brady; the Colts(5-4) are gaining momentum; the NY Jets are 6-3 w/ Favre!

Will the poor Lions (0-9) win a game?? The Bengals looking like they did in the 90's at 1-8; the state of Missouri is doing much better with a combined 3-15 record; KC Chiefs struggling at 1-8; Rams 2-7.

Hard to beileve it's already mid-November!

I've got to admit, as someone who spends most of their time following the Falcons, I'm not as surprised as most. I figured that, if our players were as talented as they were said to be (i.e. Elam, Turner, Abraham, etc.), we'd have a pretty good season. However, all of the laudatory writings and comments circulating around the newspapers, TV shows, and 'Net are a real pleasure to read considering where we've been these last few years.

For once, the Falcons are surpassing expectations, rather than failing to live up to them. I am very pleased.

And to think we've done all of this with a rookie executive, rookie head coach, and rookie quarterback! Matt Ryan looks to be one of the best picks of the last few years for any team.

• 2 weeks later...

You gotta give the Titans credit! Now the pressure is off for the perfect season; they can start new. What better way to do that than vs. the 0-11 Lions on Thanksgiving Day! Even if the Titans were to finish 13-3, that would be quite an accomplishment!

The 8-3 NY Jets have some swagger with the ageless Favre leading the way. The Steelers 8-3; and the Patriots; Colts; and Ravens all 7-4 looking to squeeze into the AFC Playoffs!

The NY Giants 10-1 continue to roll in the NFC! The NFC South is tough with all 4 teams with winning records; no team in the NFC East has a losing record!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The regular season has come and gone....now it's PLAYOFF TIME!!!

Wild season! How do the Patriots go 11-5 and miss the playoffs?? Or witness history on the wrong side for the 0-16 Lions?? With playoff spots up for grabs yesterday; watching the Eagles destroy the Dallas Cowboys 44-6; or the Chargers dismantle Denver 52-21!! QB- Drew Breees(5,069) of the Saints nearly break Dan Marino's Single Season Passing record of 5,084 yards.

WILD CARD Games Set:

NFC

#5 Falcons (11-5) at #4 Cardinals (9-7)...Saturday

#6 Eagles (9-6-1) at #3 Vikings (10-6)....Sunday

BYE...#1 NY Giants (12-4)....#2 Carolina Panthers (12-4)

AFC

#5 Colts (11-5) at #4 Chargers (8-8)....Saturday

#6 Ravens (11-5) at #3 Dolphins (11-5)...Sunday

BYE ...#1 Tennessee Titans (13-3)....#2 Steelers (12-4)

Wild Card games this past weekend...

NFC

Cardinals 30 Falcons 24....2 suprising teams this year!!

Eagles 26 Vikings 14.... Philly peaking at right time!

AFC

Chargers 23 Colts 17 OT.... Overtime format needs changing IMO....but Chargers on a roll!

Ravens 27 Dolphins 9.... Ravens Defense just TOO NASTY!!!

DIVISIONAL GAMES should really be some great games this weekend!

AFC... (Sat) Ravens at Titans; (Sun) Chargers at Steelers

NFC... (Sat) Cardinals at Panthers; (Sun) Eagles at NY Giants

Edited by richyb83

What a CRAZY playoff weekend!!!! No one can predict how the season will go!!!

The visitors WON 3 of the 4 games!!

"Year of the Birds"?? 3 of the 4 teams: Eagles, Cardinals and Ravens...

NFC

Cardinals 33 Panthers 13....a stunner!!! Cards dominate w/o Boldin

Eagles 23 NY Giants 11...no repeat for defending Super Bowl Champs; Eagles peaking at the right time!

AFC

Ravens 13 Titans 10... Titans no one to blame but themselves with missed opportunities; Ravens Defense is Nasty!

Steelers 35 Chargers 24...Steelers healing up at right time!!! Chargers w/o LT and Merriman

This coming weekend!!!!

NFC Championship....Eagles(11-6-1) at Cardinals (11-7)

AFC Championship.... Ravens(13-5) at Steelers(13-4)