NFL Talk

NCB

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!! What a great playoff weekend for sure!!

AFC Championship....Steelers 23 Ravens 14... the slobber-knocker in the snow lived up to the hype!

NFC Championship....Cardinals 32 Eagles 25... Arizona earned respect; ageless Warner back in Super Bowl!

***SUPER BOWL 43****Feb 1st

STEELERS vs. CARDINALS

I'm sure the Steelers will be the heavy favorites; but the Cards can't be totally counted out!

Edited by richyb83

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So what's everyone thinking about the draft for their favorite teams? It sounds like Stafford has been impressive in his workouts, so I'm guessing Detroit is going to take him at #1 overall, even though I think they would be better off with one of the left tackles or Aaron Curry.

Good question! Being a New Orleans Saints fan with the 14th pick.... talented Illinios CB- Vontae Davis could be a possibilty?? It will depend on whether Ohio State DB-Malcolm Jenkins is still on the board??

Tough/tricky spot to chose for Detroit Lions. QB-Stafford has a cannon for an arm; he and WR-Calvin Johnson could be a dangerous combination!!

This would be a fairly weak draft if it not been for all the underclassmen(juniors) declaring early.

Edited by richyb83

• 1 month later...

The NFL Draft was a few weeks ago...how did your team fare??

1st Pick QB - Matthew Stafford (Georgia) to LIONS...Like this pick..if the Lions get him some blocking he can do wonders.. has a canon for an arm with decent mobility; needs to make better decisions sometimes.

2nd Pick OT- Jason Smith (Baylor) to RAMS...more athletic than massive; should help against speed rushers; will be a starter on Day 1.

3rd Pick DE - Tyson Jackson (LSU) to CHIEFS...Jumped up the draft boards for the 3-4 defense

4th Pick LB - Aaron Curry (Wake Forest) to SEAHAWKS....should have an immediate impact with his range and coverage ability; needs to blitz

5th Pick QB - Mark Sanchez (USC) to NY JETS...traded up to get him; has opportunity to win starting job

I thought the BENGALS had the best draft! Selecting OT-Andre Smith with the 6th Pick; in the *2nd Round took LB-Rey Maualuga(USC); *3rd DE-Michael Johnson(Ga Tech); *3rd TE-Chase Coffman(Mizzou) needs to stay healthy? *4th C-Jonathan Luigs(Arkansas);....Sleeper Pick in 6th Round RB-Bernard Scott Abilene Christian

The 10th Pick; 49'ERS WR- Michael Crabtree!(Texas Tech); BRONCOS/12th pick RB-Knowshon Moreno (Georgia); like the SAINTS Pick at 14th DB-Malcolm Jenkins(Ohio State); 16th pick CHARGERS DE-Larry English(No. Iliinios) 22nd pick VIKINGS WR-Percy Harvin(Florida);23rd RAVENS OT-Michael Oher(Ole Miss); 24th FALCONS DT-Peria Jerry(Ole Miss)

In the *2nd Round liked RAMS 35th pick LB-James Laurinaitis(Ohio State) PANTHERS 43rd DE-Everette Brown(Florida State); EAGLES 53rd RB-LeSean McCoy(Pitt)

Another Sleeper pick in 4th round TE-Shawn Nelson(Southern Miss) to the BILLS!

Edited by richyb83

• 5 months later...

The NFL seems pretty exciting so far this year!!! Some really GOOD teams...and some really BAD teams too!

The Saints dismantled the NY Giants 48-27 in a Battle of the Best the the NFC! The Vikings also remained undefeated beating the Ravens 33-31! Insane what the Patriots did to the Titans 59-0 in the snow!

*NFC*

Saints 5-0.....Drew Brees has been a surgeon against opponets! Scored 45 points 3 out of 5 games so far!

Vikings 6-0...Bret Farve looks as good as ever; NFL's Top RB-Adrian Peterson & Best D-Line??

Giants 5-1...Still a Super Bowl Contender??

Falcons 4-1...Following just behind the Saints in NFC South

Cardinals 3-2...ready for another Super Bowl run??

Packers & Bears 3-2...contenders or pretenders??

*AFC*

Colts 5-0...Looking strong!! Manning still playing at elite level!

Broncos 6-0...suprise team in NFL so far!

Patriots 4-2...Don't look past them as contenders!

Bengals 4-2...another suprise team!

Steelers 4-2...defending Super Bowl Champs ready to make another run??

Ravens 3-3...don't count them out!

KEY GAMES THIS WEEK!

Vikings 6-0 at Steelers 4-2

Falcons 4-1 at Cowboys 3-2

Bears 3-2 at Bengals 4-2

Cardinals 3-2 at Giants 5-1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

I used to not understand people who spend their free time watching sports matches. And now I can’t imagine how else I can spend a free evening. In addition, I decided to try my hand at sports betting. When I was looking for a bookmaker, I found an article with DraftKings Ohio promotion (code). I think that such promo codes and bonuses are a good boost at the beginning of sports betting.