To The East Side

andremurra

As suggested by MorganA15, this thread will discuss the major activity surrounding the Statesboro Mall in developments such as Buckhead Plaza, Commerce Park, Brannen Crossing. The area feeds from two major thoroughfares (Northside Drive East, Veterens Memorial Parkway), one minor thoroughfare (Brannen Street) and a major street (Lovett Road). It is anchored by the Statesboro Mall and the Walmart Supercenter and a restaurant mecca. As of May 2007, we have several major developments taking place.

Commerce Park

Citizens Bank of Bulloch County

92-room Holiday Inn

Chili's

Buckhead Plaza

2-story El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant

Krystal's prototype restaurant with Dining Room

Brannen Crossing

Multi Big-Box Complex

10 smaller tracts for dining and retail

bcte3.png

Statesboro Mall

Starbucks w/ Drive-Thru

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had to take my dad to get his car from the Toyota dealership, so while he was in there I decided to take a few snaps and contribute here. They came from my phone, which has pretty crappy quality considering it cost over 100 dollars. I'll use my digital camera next time, if I can find it.

Future site of Brannen Crossing. My hand makes a cameo.

052907173800jl5.jpg

Holiday Inn under construction.

052907173700bp0.jpg

052907173701rv5.jpg

Tunnel under the bypass under construction. Part of the greenway project that will cut through Brannen Crossing.

052907173200hy6.jpg

Krystal (singular) will be west of the bypass, easat of Buckhead, and north of Brannen.

Home Depot is like the second Wal-Mart or first Sam's Cllub rumor that comes up every few months. I've heard it for a long time, but haven't heard it from someone who had direct knowledge. I would like to see Lowe's have some competition though.

I've heard the Home Depot rumor for a few years. Actually I heard it for a little while, but it soon went away.

Something like Target, Circuit City, Borders, and Home Depot would be a good mix. One of everything. Maybe we could hope for a Phase II to include Publix, Sam's Club, Kohl's, etc..

I seriously have high hopes and am excited about this project. Some new retail that Statesboro has been lacking for years. Not only that, but it'll be bringing in those tax dollars that Bulloch county (and Evans, Screven, Candler, etc.) has been shipping off to Savannah for years.

I totally found the developer. Ohh the magic of Google. ;)

After looking at their newer properties, I'm feeling a LOT better for the outlook of this project. I'm just hoping this doesn't get dragged out, or get started late, as alot of projects in Statesboro does (maybe it'll be different this time with a national developer).

Nova, you've seen some plans. Did you see any renderings? Did it look like any of their properties?

After looking at their newer properties, I'm feeling a LOT better for the outlook of this project. I'm just hoping this doesn't get dragged out, or get started late, as alot of projects in Statesboro does (maybe it'll be different this time with a national developer).

Nova, you've seen some plans. Did you see any renderings? Did it look like any of their properties?

As suggested by MorganA15, this thread will discuss the major activity surrounding the Statesboro Mall in developments such as Buckhead Plaza, Commerce Park, Brannen Crossing. The area feeds from two major thoroughfares (Northside Drive East, Veterens Memorial Parkway), one minor thoroughfare (Brannen Street) and a major street (Lovett Road). It is anchored by the Statesboro Mall and the Walmart Supercenter and a restaurant mecca. As of May 2007, we have several major developments taking place.

Commerce Park

Citizens Bank of Bulloch County

92-room Holiday Inn

Chili's

Buckhead Plaza

2-story El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant

Krystal's prototype restaurant with Dining Room

Brannen Crossing

Multi Big-Box Complex

10 smaller tracts for dining and retail

bcte3.png

Statesboro Mall

Starbucks w/ Drive-Thru

• 2 weeks later...

Since the mall is (or soon-to-be) going under some renovations to the parking lot, they need to consolidate some of the entrance/exits. There is way too many and doesn't help with traffic flow.

There's 3 in the front, which should be consolidated to the one between BB&T and Starbucks, since it leads straight up to the entrance of the mall.

On the right side of the mall, you have 5. They should be consolidated to the one between Bruster's and Sea Island Bank in the back. I know having the two at the front of the mall puts alot of congestion at the Lovett/NS Drive intersection. Getting rid of these two would also cut out alot of the traffic flow that goes from Walmart across the front of the mall to Lovett, helping in pedestrian safety.

The back entrance is fine, they just need to have a sign saying "STATESBORO MALL", or a sign like in the front (maybe smaller though). The left side entrances connecting Walmart are also fine.

Small things help improve malls. Ours, needs tons of improvement, but the parking lot is a start. Add some trees and beds too, so it's not just a huge lot of asphalt.

That's just my opinion.

Yes, That is the official name of the entity developing the plot, Brannen Street Crossing, LLC. Im pretty certain that the 150,000 square-footage only refers to the main lot with the 4 anchors. The old Food Lion in Southern Square is 40,000 sq ft... so four of those arent terribly too small. Im sure the tenants will be pissed once they get settled in though and realize that their properties cannot handle the volume theyll push through.

Big developers always seem to under-develop Statesboro, never taking into consideration that the city serves as the only retail outlet to the regional trade area's nearly 300,000 people. Bulloch's annual retail/sales are barely $1-Billion, but the untapped buying power of the trade area encompasses $3-Billion, of which $1-Billion are Bulloch residents. Most of the trade area's population (west of Statesboro) arent going to drive another hour to Savannah to shop. Bryan and Effingham Counties are the only exception - but North Bryan is isolated from Savannah because of Ft. Stewart and North Effingham residents simply prefer to shop in Statesboro since its closer.

Archived