To The East Side

andremurra

Is it just me or does the Holiday Inn footprint look unusually large compared to the SpringHill Suites footprint. How is the SpringHill going to fit 113 rooms in three stories when Holiday is only doing 92 in four? I think though that the Holiday Inn will only have rooms on the top three floors - I may be wrong though. Who knows. But the Holiday Inn looks like its going to be HUGE. It looks more than twice as big as the Holiday Inn Express.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is it just me or does the Holiday Inn footprint look unusually large compared to the SpringHill Suites footprint. How is the SpringHill going to fit 113 rooms in three stories when Holiday is only doing 92 in four? I think though that the Holiday Inn will only have rooms on the top three floors - I may be wrong though. Who knows. But the Holiday Inn looks like its going to be HUGE. It looks more than twice as big as the Holiday Inn Express.

The city council changed the sign regulations so the mall (and no one else) could have an electronic sign a few months ago. I am surprised they have waited this long to put it in.

I was told the Starbucks work included some sort of reconfiguration of the entrance and some of the parking in the area between Starbucks and the mall. I'm not sure what it will accomplish. I guess we will know when it is done.

• 3 weeks later...

Although they are only working on the second floor of the Holiday Inn, I am noticing how Commerce Park is really going to change the face of the landscape in that area. I wonder how Brannen Crossing will look when its all done. Its not going to look like Statesboro - I know that for sure.

Unfortunately, the Holiday Inn may hurt development of the rest of Robbie Franklin's development. I realize the hotel folks wanted visibility, but it should have been plenty visible on the other side of Commerce Drive. Few, if any, restaurants will want to locate behind the hotel, so the development possibilities for those back lots have been severely limited. My prediction, for what it is worth, is there will be little or no additional construction (at least of any substance) at Franklin's development in the next few years. Brannen Crossing will be the beneficiary as it will have six or so outlots that will have very good visibility. The choice will be simple for the regional and national chains.

According to the siteplan, the Brannen Crossing development will have 12 outparcels. I dont understand why Holiday Inn is placing their front entrance facing the bypass though because there isnt going to be much room to place that huge drive-thru canopy thing illustrated in the rendering. I feel fairly more optimistic about Commerce Park, even with the Holiday Inn hiding everyone else. Brannen Street from the Bypass to Cawana gets a fairly generous amount of traffic as well. Its probably more noticable to people who live on Cawana though, but that street gets backed up pretty bad fairly often. Perhaps Commerce Park will put up a sign that will display businesses located in the development that faces the Bypass in the future - who knows. Maybe some automotive commerce can go back there to compliment the dealership.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I looked at the map. On the main page it has a SEARS logo as if SEARS is an anchor. Is it? I didn't see it on the map, but I did see Bi-Lo. What's that? Its hard to understand how a mall could have 3-4 anchor stores such as the ones on the map and only be 200K sq.ft. Are you sure it's not 700K?

Archived