Brush Park Village North

lelandpalmer

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ever want to see amazing infill projects, I'd recommend visiting Columbus, OH. I always try to imagine Detroit taking one step up and seeing how they might be able to mimic some of the projects in Cowtown.

Yes, Columbus has some remarkable infill. I'll try to post some photos I took of various Columbus developments over the past year. Nine on 3rd is a recent example of how a good original design can go wrong. They changed it all over in the end. I really don't trust the quality in many new-build projects in Detroit, just like I don't trust this one. I don't want to start on architectural debate, but the design above isn't even representing anything historically. The proportions, window placement, and detailing is horribly off. From a aesthetics standpoint, it's a highly unethical design. But I'm going to try and cast that asside, I mean Detroit really needs this, so I can't complain too much. But jeez, what was the architect thinking when he put those ugly-ass oval windows in on that huge blank wall of brick. Honestly, who would ever design that?

Archived