RUMORED: APC Building Downtown

I have a friend who works at APC and he keeps telling me that they are planning on building a new tower downtown. I can't find anything online but I'm pressing him for more info. Apparantly at their partial lighting last week, employees were informed of this potential move into downtown.

I'll see what else I can find.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a friend who works at APC and he keeps telling me that they are planning on building a new tower downtown. I can't find anything online but I'm pressing him for more info. Apparantly at their partial lighting last week, employees were informed of this potential move into downtown.

I'll see what else I can find.

That would be great and all, but I just understand why they would do that. They have large campuses in East Providence, South Kingston and East Greenwich....... But....... if that was a possibility It make me wonder what they might build or where it would go........

I could see a consolidation of administration, customer support, sales/marketing, and even R&D, but I woulod doubt they would be able to include manufacturing to get everything under one roof. Perhaps one of the 3 current locations could be manufacturing and warehousing/shipping, and all the rest move downtown???

I could see a consolidation of administration, customer support, sales/marketing, and even R&D, but I woulod doubt they would be able to include manufacturing to get everything under one roof. Perhaps one of the 3 current locations could be manufacturing and warehousing/shipping, and all the rest move downtown???

Cotuit, is this something either you or Thom or Bear has told us is in the works in the past 2 years? I know we've had quite a few rumors that were just labeled "office tower"

maybe 190 Dyer or E@B........ or something completely new =)

190 dyer was rumored as something, i don't remember what... maybe that was a "downtown hotel"? the only other one i can think of was the BCBS E@B rumor.

it would... but that's not gonna be easy. i think getting RI companies to invest in providence will help that effort though... at the same time as reducing/preventing sprawl in the rest of the state. just think of amica and fidelity moved to providence.

This is a potentially great development. Blue Cross consolidated their operations into Waterplace II and APC could be doing something similar with their non-manufacturing element. More towers add depth to the city skyline. Companies like APC that make a move to the capital city, help to secure investment in the city by a visual display of economic investor confidence.

I've been familiar with APC and its French parent co. Schneider Electric for several years. A well-designed tower -- perhaps in one of the rumored new buildings without a tenant (as Blue Cross did with Waterplace Phase II or a completely new one. It will make the city's renaissance better. From a civic pride standpoint, I am really pleased with the possibility of staying in RI because of companies' renewed investment as well as the city's positive outlook.

That being said, we need more out-of-state investment to help diversify the momentum that Providence is experiencing. Our prospects are looking up. Speaking of which, can someone get a render together via Sketchup, Photoshop or even MS Paint?

The 190 Dyer was rumored to be offices under its former proposal as 200 Dyer St.

v21-200DyerStreet001.jpg

That was later changed to residential/hotel and office space. (Citing the old 190 Dyer St. propsal thread)

"Early Morning" here - time to catch some Zs after my blitz postings here. -_-

My APC contact says that the rumor going around the office is that the manufacturing portion of the company may move to NC. Just a rumor. Also APC's East Providence has closed. I also learned that they have a place up in Attleboro, for storage I understand. This is from a story in yesterday's projo:

Another major employer in the state

My APC contact says that the rumor going around the office is that the manufacturing portion of the company may move to NC. Just a rumor. Also APC's East Providence has closed. I also learned that they have a place up in Attleboro, for storage I understand. This is from a story in yesterday's projo:

Another major employer in the state

Archived