Birmingham's Southern culture

bhamsly

Do you all think that some of Birmingham is losing it's Southern way of life. Maybe not well put, but it seems that people are losing their Southern drawl when speaking. Wherever I go, I don't hear as many people with Southern accents as I would if I go to other parts of Alabama(mainly around Trussville,Birmingham's Southside, and much of the suburbs to the South). Is Birmingham changing as other Southern cities have done? Of course, people still drive their pickups, but many people have turned to SUV's and cars(passenger and sports).

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never had a Southern accent, and I've lived here in Alabama most of my life. On Southern culture, in many ways it is a good thing that Birmingham is losing it due to the fact some things need to die out such as the South aversion towards diversity.

Archived