Creation Museum opens in Kentucky

Charlotteman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of years ago when the tsunami struck the Pacific Rim, I recall seeing an interview with an old native islander who had witnessed the destruction.

His explanation of the event: The gods had become angry with the impurity of the cities and had tilted the earth so as to wash away the unclean. Once they were sure that the waters had reached the cities, cleansing them and restoring balance to the world, they tilted the earth back into place and the waters receded again. His vision was that the cities would be rebuilt as virtuous, god-fearing places and that such a disaster would never again strike the world.

Gee, does this sound familiar?

I know what a tsunami is. The only reason I used a Tsunami was because it showed a forceful natural phenomenom that none of us were accustomed to seeing, and it shocked the world. Now I don't know what it means to have water coming up from under the ground, the whole world over, I can only imagine that it would be horrifying, and I believe, capable of doing what the Bible says it did.

I'm not a christian, and I rarely think about the bible etc. But when I do, it damn near becomes a laugh riot everytime.

People living 900 years......people inbreeding like there's no tommorrow......people hallucinating and claiming to talk to god (and everyone believing it).......people claiming to rise from the dead.......turning a loaf of bread and a couple fish into enough food for thousands....

In my opinion the bible's biggest bunch of b.s. is claiming god is perfect and all loving. But doesn't he destroy cities in fits of rage? Isn't he a "jealous god"? Doesn't sound loving nor perfect to me. In fact I would bet that 99.99% of all people in the world would never destroy a city in a fit of rage (if they had the ability to do so). Sounds like people are more evolved than the christian god.

If it weren't so pathetic that modern day human beings believe such nonsense, it could all be fodder for an outrageous John Waters film.:) In fact in his 1970 film Multiple Maniacs, Waters did a "food for the multitudes scene"....except Waters' Jesus turned the bread into truckloads of Wonderbread, and the fish into cans and cans of tuna fish!!! So surreal and so trashy! ha!

p.s. personally I wouldn't be caught dead in a church. But I watch Jerry Springer everyday.:) It's a hell of a lot more fun, and doesn't cost me 10% of my earnings. hehhee

Archived