I found something Tallahassee Needs

Really? As a single guy, I'd say I eat out at least 4 times a week, and I'm never without options. BBQ, Indian food, Chinese buffets (both great and terrible), seafood (of course), sandwiches (both deli and hippie), Thai, Italian (from Mom and Dad's fancy to pasta at Barnabies), Greek, Cuban, sushi, Mexican of all sorts, southern soul food (ever pick up lunch at Early's?), burgers, steaks, big salads, pizza, pub grub, new cuisine, French, even the fancy stuff. All without hitting the chains. Pretty much the only time I wind up at a national brand restaurant is when out with coworkers or going for late night grub at Waffle House.

The chains are often out of my budget anyway, honestly.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will keep bugging them till we get one! Reply from Sweet Tomato:

Dear Mike Racca:

Thank you so much for your suggestion. While we do not have any

plans to expand into your area at this time, I will share your request

with our Vice President of Development for his future site selection. We

are so glad you like the restaurant enough to want one in your area! Have

a good day, and thank you for your interest.

Sincerely,

Garden Fresh Consumer Affairs

Request: 2959970

^ That's exactly what I was thinking pyscuda....they must have coupons in the Democrat every other week it seems. I could look it up but I'll just ask you guys....where is the closest one of these "Sweet Tomatoes" to Tally?

^ That's exactly what I was thinking pyscuda....they must have coupons in the Democrat every other week it seems. I could look it up but I'll just ask you guys....where is the closest one of these "Sweet Tomatoes" to Tally?

Hello,

One clothing retailer we need is American Apparel. They are an American-made sweat shop free clothier which tends to design for hip college students and 20-somethings. American Apparel Website

Their locations seem to follow college cities. Gainesville has one downtown on 1st Ave so I figured if they have one we should too! I emailed them and let them know about Tally and how we would be a great market with our 2 major universities and large community college. I mentioned that our Gaines Street corridor might be a good spot.

Here is their response:

Hello Alan,

We are currently expanding as fast as possible. I have forwarded this message to our scouts and hope to see a Tallahassee location in the near future. Please check our web site for updated new store information.

Thank you,

Matt Bennett

Retail Department

American Apparel

Businesses, shops, etc. I'd like to see in Tallahassee...

Bruno's...let's bring 'em back.

Big Dogs...cool t-shirts, button down shirts and other leisurely wear.

A good factory outlet mall by I-10.

Krystal's...again for the 4th time.

Belk's...I know, I know...they are coming eventually.

Denny's...for the second time.

The Gumbo Shop...great New Orleans style food

Chipotle Restaurant

I'll probably think of more later...

Just no Ruth's Chris Steak House...overpriced and not as good as advertised. Doesn't live up to the hype. Nicholson's Steak House was better IMHO.

So in the same vein as my request for American Apparel. I contacted Steve & Barry's and Whole Foods. Both responded promptly and indicated they would forward my requests to their respective location scouts.

Would be nice if we could get an H&M or a Zara but I think realistically for our market, Steve & Barry's is a better fit.

No kidding- that's great work!!!

Hey TJ, to keep the momentum going, you and the rest of your GGG KCCI buddies should undertake and organize a massive email/letter writing campaign to potential business prospects such as these to let them know that there are consumers waiting, and hopefully our EDC can get on board and dangle some of those bypassed Piper funds for a carrot.......

For some reason, I thought I heard otherwise. I don't know if a definitive "NO" has ever been given by any of those businesses, but if anyone has anything definitive please share.

Whole Foods has always been rumoured to be looking at Tally. If you ever get the New Leaf Market newsletter, they have mentioned it because its somewhat of a threat to their business.

Archived