New NFL league... GR potential site?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take a wait and see position to see if this new league is going to be a success or not before I'd commit GR to it. Previous attempts to form a rival league have either been consumed by the NFL or just fell on their faces. The only exception to that is Arena Football mainly because how they play their games is different enough to give them their own identity.

But if this league where a farm league like what the white caps are in, that might work.

The NFL does have a European league. It serves to develop players...late round picks, undrafted free agents, etc. Something like this could work here, but not as a rival (XFL). It would have to be more like a farm team for the Lions or something...JMO

I cant see this going anywhere. Only the more die hard football fans would be into that, and they are probably wrapped up in the arena league in the spring time, which is becoming more and more popular. Plus, in the fall, there is college AND pro football. I think that is enough.

I cant see this going anywhere. Only the more die hard football fans would be into that, and they are probably wrapped up in the arena league in the spring time, which is becoming more and more popular. Plus, in the fall, there is college AND pro football. I think that is enough.

Would that be a good thing? Would that be just another distraction from them focusing on their education in "hopes" of getting another shot at "the big paycheck". As a avid sports nut, I personally am beginning to question if sports has become a negative influence on our kids :dontknow:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived