Puerto Rico?

Cadeho

I like how DC is on its own, as it is a "federal district" so to speak. That said, there ought to be a representative system in place just like all the other states have.

As far as combining the Carolinas goes, I was (sort of) kidding. I live in the better - I mean the northernmost - of the two as well. Though you'd have to agree there are still plenty of "backwards" people in NC (just like anywhere else). ^_^

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe they should have 1 senator and 1 rep. sure it'd throw off the number of senators, but it'd remove the need for the VP to be the tie breaker vote (do we really want cheney having that vote anyways?). of course, then it'd force the question of whether we really even need the VP anymore...

maybe they should have 1 senator and 1 rep. sure it'd throw off the number of senators, but it'd remove the need for the VP to be the tie breaker vote (do we really want cheney having that vote anyways?). of course, then it'd force the question of whether we really even need the VP anymore...

A final decision about statehood for Puerto Rico isn't a pressing issue. But the fact that D.C. residents are not represented in Congress (the way all other Americans are represented) is something that should be addressed immediately. Either make it a state, or give it to Maryland, or Virginia. Just don't leave such an unfair issue unresolved.

Regarding forcing Puerto Ricans to learn english if it becomes a state, Puerto Rican school children already learn english in school, and not just the crappy foreign language type classes that American school kids take, actual english classes that get highly in depth with grammar and everything.

Archived