100 Commerce - Grand Central Lofts

GRDadof3

I noticed 100 Commerce has lost its realtor signs. Anyone know if they found a buyer? Or did Herington just take it off the market. I think it's a great building, and would make a perfect location for some industrial style live/work units (hint hint oakeslife). No parking though, except on-street. It was for-sale for a pretty decent price for a while too.

523268541_aad73c27ba.jpg
(old picture)

(the previous topic on this was almost two years old, so started a new one)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed 100 Commerce has lost its realtor signs. Anyone know if they found a buyer? Or did Herington just take it off the market. I think it's a great building, and would make a perfect location for some industrial style live/work units (hint hint oakeslife). No parking though, except on-street. It was for-sale for a pretty decent price for a while too.

Maybe with the new parking ramp going up on Cherry and Commerce there is more interest in the building? If they were to make some condos or residences they could always rent parking spaces in the new ramp. It wouldn't be any different than what was done at the Select Bank building on Ionia & Monroe Center. :dontknow:

Is this the building that had the burst water pipe?

Yes, it was. I watched the whole thing from across the street. I first realized something was happening when i heard the firefighters breaking down the door in the back on oakes.tough.gif Maybe if someone bought it they'll finally move that ugly beat up yellow forklift that's been sitting there for 6+ months.

• 3 years later...

I don't know. Once 38 and The Gallery fill up, I think there will still be demand. In fact, maybe more demand as the area continues to build.

Call me optimistic, but from what I've seen in the last little bit, I think the GR market is going to heat up (modestly) in the next year.

Joe

With Grand Rapids being such a growing college town, there will be a growing market for many years to come with low and medium market rate apartments. The economy will not effect them as much as the luxury apartment market.

Just my two-cent opinion.

~John

I don't know. Once 38 and The Gallery fill up, I think there will still be demand. In fact, maybe more demand as the area continues to build.

Call me optimistic, but from what I've seen in the last little bit, I think the GR market is going to heat up (modestly) in the next year.

Joe

I can see that too. All the apartments at 38 are leased, the last time I heard, and Gallery on Fulton is 70% leased according to the sales guy there.

Rockford Construction/Development should partner with someone on Heartside Manor and get it going. It doesn't seem like they have the moxie to take the plunge.

• 1 year later...

When I first read the article, I thought they were demolishing the building. I almost flipped. Then I realized they were talking about internal demolition. I love the quirkiness of this building (mismatched brick, an obvious additional floor, etc.).

Don't forget the bay windows! I hope those don't get lost in the renovation...

Archived