100 Commerce - Grand Central Lofts

GRDadof3

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice to see some fitzgerald style terraces.

Seeing that these are likely to be student apartments, I don't think that you will see anything particularly flashy for this renovation (including balconies). Also, I would expect the historic preservation commission to deny any major alterations to the character of this building (note that the Fitzgerald balconies are on the side and back to preserve the street faces).

Agreed. That's what I meant when I said as is. restore it, open up bricked up windows, but leave it with the same quirky vibe it has. It's another great piece of the puzzle in that area.

Joe

I say leave the building as is. HPC will probably say the same. I'm sure it will get some new exterior treatments and moulding, and maybe some of the lower floor opened up for the coffee shop (which is needed in that area).

• 1 month later...

I'm glad to see everyone is excited about this construction! There are going to be 31 apartments in "Grand Central Lofts" consisting of studio, one bedroom and two bedroom units. The downtown loft feel is going to strongly stay at Grand Central including wood flooring, exposed bricks, large historic windows - yet it will have all the modern upgrades we have all come to expect. A website is in the works that will detail exactly what you can all expect to see, along with some updated pictures of the construction to visually show you how things are going behind closed doors. Grand Central should be open for new residents by late summer!

I'm glad to see everyone is excited about this construction! There are going to be 31 apartments in "Grand Central Lofts" consisting of studio, one bedroom and two bedroom units. The downtown loft feel is going to strongly stay at Grand Central including wood flooring, exposed bricks, large historic windows - yet it will have all the modern upgrades we have all come to expect. A website is in the works that will detail exactly what you can all expect to see, along with some updated pictures of the construction to visually show you how things are going behind closed doors. Grand Central should be open for new residents by late summer!

Any chance you could give us some price ranges? Especially for a two-bedroom...? :)

• 3 weeks later...

We have a Facebook page started to make it easier for everyone to keep up to date with progression of Grand Central Lofts. I posted two new pictures on there today, www.facebook.com/grandcentrallofts Check them out! The wall footings are in and you can actually start to see the visual layout of the rooms!

As for parking: 38 Commerce is extremely close but the Grand Rapids City lot on Cherry/Commerce is a little cheaper and just as close - if not closer. If residents don't mind walking a short block they can get a pass to the lots by VanAndel - significantly cheaper than the ramps. If you go to the Grand Rapids parking site it shows all the lots along with the prices for each per month.

• 5 months later...

Good News!! We are going to be having a tour of the building tomorrow! Wednesday, September 5th at 4pm. If you would like to see how the construction is going stop by, i'd love to show you around. If you do plan on touring, please shoot me an email so I can have an estimate of how many people will be showing up. [email protected] . Hope to see you tomorrow!!

Good News!! We are going to be having a tour of the building tomorrow! Wednesday, September 5th at 4pm. If you would like to see how the construction is going stop by, i'd love to show you around. If you do plan on touring, please shoot me an email so I can have an estimate of how many people will be showing up. [email protected] . Hope to see you tomorrow!!

Cool, thanks for letting us know!

Archived