Looking for an alternate route

oak

I'm sick of sitting through horrible traffic on 95 South caused by the road construction north of the 146 merge and creeping down to the Atwells Ave exit. What alternate routes could I use to get to the Armory from one of the exits off 95 from the north of the City? I always get turned around at Branch and Mineral Spring and I know there has to be a better way. THANKS!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sick of sitting through horrible traffic on 95 South caused by the road construction north of the 146 merge and creeping down to the Atwells Ave exit. What alternate routes could I use to get to the Armory from one of the exits off 95 from the north of the City? I always get turned around at Branch and Mineral Spring and I know there has to be a better way. THANKS!

depending on where you're coming from, you could take 295 to route 7 into the city (it's exit 8 off 295). it's only about 10 minutes down 7 from 295 until you get to the providence college area. douglas ave (or route 7) ends at orms st just east of smith.

depending on where you're coming from, you could take 295 to route 7 into the city (it's exit 8 off 295). it's only about 10 minutes down 7 from 295 until you get to the providence college area. douglas ave (or route 7) ends at orms st just east of smith.

I have done that way as I can take 295 from 95 in MA. Way too long. Getting from the PC area to the Armory is an annoying ride as well, at least to me. The stop/starts and local traffic adds up.

My wife tells me I am rather impatient though behind the wheel. I like to keep moving.

I have done that way as I can take 295 from 95 in MA. Way too long. Getting from the PC area to the Armory is an annoying ride as well, at least to me. The stop/starts and local traffic adds up.

My wife tells me I am rather impatient though behind the wheel. I like to keep moving.

I agree with you. I keep wishing for a north-south route similar to Hope Street on the west side of the City. I exit Hope Street and cut across town sometimes, but it seems like there has to be a better way - like a route that would easily connect from 95 to Academy and follow that to Atwells. I can't seem to make a mental geography of the neighborhoods around Branch/Smith/PC/RIC on the northwest side and think how they connect to the westside.

Archived