Theme Park in Roswell NM

TONYCLT

Developers have disclosed plans to build an alien based theme park close to the site of the UFO crash landing of 1947. I believe this will be a great idea for the area if it does get built, This project would be a huge economic boost to the city of Roswell.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read about this and think it's a great idea.

Right now, pretty much the only thing to do in Roswell is the UFO Museum, and I personally think it's really lame. Not that I would particularly enjoy a UFO-themed park, but I know that there is a pretty large, untapped market for something tacky like this to really exploit the whole Roswell/UFO thing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Some updates I found on the possible alien theme park in Roswell, It has been called the Alien Apex Resort in its planning stages and it could open as early as 2010. The city has received a $245,000 legislative appropriation for initial planning, but the park would be privately built and managed.The proposed park will cover 60 to 80 acres with room for it to expand to 150 acres. It will feature other rides and attractions, including an exhibit hall with information on space exploration. Also the park is to have the worlds largest indoor roller coaster but it's still very early it the planning stages and things are likely to change.

Archived