Plante & Moran Building

DwntwnGeo

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
These renderings are garbage! It is too bad there wasn’t money in the budget to hire an architect. 275 Fulton makes this place look worse than the “Super Mercado.” By the way, does anyone know what is up with that huge blank wall…. it is absolute SLOP.

Sheesh people, can't we intelligently critique projects without resorting to name-calling and building-bashing? There's no need to get personal. I happen to like both Plante Moran and 275 W Fulton. Are they perfect? Of course not. Trade-offs always need to be made in the real world. But they both represent a significant improvement to the land on which they will be built. I'm especially glad for the river-front improvements that the Plante Moran development will bring. That crumbling parking lot is an eyesore.

Nice work, golscorer, and thanks for putting your work out here for us to see!

Ummm, ok. I suppose everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Libertarian, I quickly skimmed through your previous 64 posts and most of them seem to be reasonably constructed opinions and statements. None of them were aggressive attacks like the one above. So I'm guessing that you have something personal against the developer, BETA Design, or me. Or perhaps you're just throwing som satire or sarcasm out there, in which case I apologize for not getting it.

@ Snoogit : There were three of us in the office collaborating on the design. Its hard to descibe how much each of us influenced what you see. I was responsible for the renderings

WHAT?!?!?!?!!? If anything building is slop it's 275 West Fulton...

275 W Fulton looks like its bending over and taking it from Plaza Towers. It's a completely asymmetrical piece of garbage architecture, and completely HIDEOUS design that I hope to your favorite deity doesn't last more then a few years before its phased out like a building from the 70s. Honestly my 4 year old neice could make a better sculpture out of duplo blocks then 275 W Fulton. This blends in well with the area, and its context is compeltely in line with the surrounding area, and it doesn't look like its playing second fiddle to a lesser building next to it like 275 W Fulton does.

Give the man some credit, at least he designed something that looks like it took a good amount of effort, and not just a bunch of glass blocks that looked like the architect took some Legos and saw where they fell, and said "Eureka, I've got a pile of ****!". Maybe the renderings look like they came from sketchup, but this building looks a million times better then 275 W Fulton HANDS DOWN.

I'm just glad to hear construction will start soon, in one of my favorite neighborhoods, should be a welcome addition to DT.

Good work golscorer (I'm assuming this is partly your design, since you posted the renders)

I haven't been on UP in a little while now, and I come back to see that PM wants their own building? Hmmm, interesting. I wonder how far behind are Deloitte, BDO, Crowe, and E&Y? Well this should free up some good parking at Bridgewater.

As for buildings - I think it fits their persona. I see it and it just screams Tax, Audit, and Consulting. Golscorer - I think ya did fine.

"Bending over and taking it from Plaza Towers..." to me qualifies as stepping over the line and is more suitable for someone's personal blog. And yes, if you normally use language like that and want to post it here, you should walk on eggshells.

I haven't been on UP in a little while now, and I come back to see that PM wants their own building? Hmmm, interesting. I wonder how far behind are Deloitte, BDO, Crowe, and E&Y? Well this should free up some good parking at Bridgewater.

As for buildings - I think it fits their persona. I see it and it just screams Tax, Audit, and Consulting. Golscorer - I think ya did fine.

I sincerely apologize, for I did not realize that you designed this. I was joking with the severity of my comments, but it is obviously hard to tell sometime due to the written nature of any comment on an online forum. I have seen one of your projects before that you posted (was intended for No. Monroe?) and it was fantastic. I skimmed this thread to see some photos of the project and ignored the banter, which is why I didn't realize you were responsible. I just thought you had renderings from mlive or were in the loop, ect... Just not THAT deep in the loop.

I still don't particulary care for this project, but as snoogit pointed out, it may be the software that portrays this building as worse than it is. The software is probably not doing the creator (you) much justice for the amount/quality work you put into this. As a GR booster, I wish the project luck and any future projects you may have in GR the best of luck.

I totally agree. Snoogit looked foolish. I never knew there was a cage match between 275 Fulton and the Plante and Moran building. I want to see them both. Maybe I'm just greedy. :dontknow:

Joe

I appreciate the apology too, but I don't think you should back down from your criticism just because I am one of the designers. Your comment was so over the top and lacking substance that it wasn't offensive, but rather caused quizzical laughter and made yourself look silly. I do think you need to be a bit more specific about what you don't like though. What is it about the rendering style that you don't like. Be honest. Believe me, I can take the criticism.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived