Plante & Moran Building

DwntwnGeo

Yeah, I'm not sure how much damage they could really cause. The dormitory I lived in at college is over 70 years old and has ivy growing on it. It seems like as long as the building was maintained properly it wouldn't really be a big deal. Everytime I see blank walls like this, or those sound barriers along highways I want to go plant some vines next to them.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing that you're referring to 201 Depot...

day_9x11.jpg

... it bears some similarities in that its a spec office building elevated above ground floor parking. It was finishing construction as we were designing Plante Moran's building, but had no impact on our design process.

btw, 201 Depot is still completely vacant

for comparison...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was at the fish ladder on Sunday and thought about the future when both P&M and Riverhouse are done. It needs a lot of TLC, but it is a great vantage point to watch the world go by. :) I hope it gets some needed upgrades with the additional foot traffic it is likely to see.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Archived