Plante & Moran Building

DwntwnGeo

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That faux rock wall is horrible. I know that was a change the planning commission suggested (which is probably why it looks so horrid) but man, it makes an otherwise appealing building look bad. It seems like they could have repeated some of the materials used elsewhere (like the charcoal or gray) to give it a more modern feel.

It looks a little like it is done in Dungeon Rivival style. ;)

Joe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A quick update - we officially (and finally!) moved in to our new space today. I have to admit that the interior is a big upgrade from what we previously had, and all of the comments from everyone here have been very positive. The new building should serve us well for many, many years!

• 2 weeks later...

"Green building"? I guess you have to pull something out of the hat to make this hideous thing seem like a real assets. Heck judging from how the press photo was taken across the river, I doubt you will ever see a published image of this building that hasn't been taken from at least that far away.

I'm on pins and needles as to how this thing is going to be spun as a enhancement to the riverside seeing that the only thing it presents to it is a clear view of the crooked floors of the parking ramp.

Other than the concrete wall on the west side, I like the building. I think the blue works now that the windows are in and I'm happy with it overall. :)

Joe

"Green building"? I guess you have to pull something out of the hat to make this hideous thing seem like a real assets. Heck judging from how the press photo was taken across the river, I doubt you will ever see a published image of this building that hasn't been taken from at least that far away.

I'm on pins and needles as to how this thing is going to be spun as a enhancement to the riverside seeing that the only thing it presents to it is a clear view of the crooked floors of the parking ramp.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice shots Nate!

I'm glad you bumped this, because it reminded me that I took some shots of the renovated riverwalk area. I think once that greenery matures a bit more, it will screen the cars more. It's a lot better than walking across a scaggily parking lot.

3346751954_2a551089e7_b.jpg

3345915949_30ffcae992_b.jpg

Archived