I-65 South Access from Downtown Nashville

DannyBoy

I just started a job in downtown Nashville. Unfortunately, the train is not yet an option for me as I live in Spring Hill, and the Music City Star only has one line running east of the city at this point.

I work near 2nd and Union, so I am wondering if any Nashville natives can suggest the best way for me to get onto 65 South from this location. If I get on 40 West from 4th, there is a sign that says "Access to I-65 South Prohibited", presumably because it is a death-defying maneuver to get on 40 West and then immediately get over into the far left lanes to get onto 65 South.

I have gone over the bridge to get on 24, then 40, then 65 South, but that seems very trafficky. Any suggestions?

• 8 months later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the gateway bridge and get on 24 from the shelby street ramp. Then take the 65 split and you're home free. 65 south has hardly any traffic compared to the other major interstates in the area. Well until you hit cool springs going towards spring hill (lucky you right?). You are actually going the fastest route already.

hah... wow yeah, this is old... but hey, lets discuss it 8 months later :)

i would think it might be fairly quick to go up to charlotte and head west on charlotte... then make a left down 11th ave and head thru the gulch... left on 12th... on down to wedgewood... another left there, to get on i-65.

just an idea... i dont work downtown... but i have some idea of where the interstate backups usually are :)

Archived