2007 Atlantic Hurricane Season

NCB

Very impressive stuff huh Rardy?? From nothing to hurricane in only 14 hours :shok: Port Arthur had wind gust of 84mph! I figured school may be closed for western La. Now a tropical depression near Alexandria.

Hey SlidellWX...according to NHC at 10:00am Humbeerto was still clocking winds of 65mph. My question where?? Nothing even close to that when I clicked Leesville, Lake Charles or Lafayette. Was 65mph some isolated wind gust in Kisatchie National Forest??? If it was only a gust; then why do they say "substained" winds?? I saw 24 mph/gust 34 at 10:00. Thanks.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why the intensity was that high that far inland...when there were no observations to support it. It was definitely interesting watching it develop last night at work. Fortunately...it was a very small storm...so the overall damage was minimal except near the eye. The strongest wind gust I found was the one in Beaumont.

The only 80+ gusts I found were at Sea Rim State Park and the Beaumont Airport over in TX. The strongest wind gusts in the Leesville, Deridder, Fort Polk area were around 40 mph. It was at most a weak tropical storm by the time it reached Beuregard Parish. It was a very compact storm with hurricane force winds only extending out about 15 miles from the center. These winds quickly dissipated by the time they reached Louisiana...with only areas around Vinton and Sulphur seeing any notable damage such as trees and power lines down.

Hey SlidellWX, any guesses on the weather conditions at game time Saturday afternoon at 2:30 in Tiger Stadium?? The complex upper-low in the eastern Gulf looks like it might develop itself into a tropical "subtropical" storm by then; affecting anywhere from the Fla. Panhandle to LA/TX border?? Thanks.

I was hoping the rain might wait til after the game??

We now have sub-tropical depression #10. The system is very close to the FL coastline near Apalachicola, and will hug the coastline through the night. Right now...the track goes in around Gulfport, but I think it may make landfall to the east over toward Mobile. In any event, expect some breezy conditions tomorrow, and some rain. However...the heaviest rains will be displaced to the north and east of the center in MS and AL.

Thanks for the update SlidellWX; things look a little better our way for the LSU game. Really a weak looking tropical depression(but is spawning a few tornadoes in GA, FL) about to already make landfall between Ft.Walton and Pensacola?? It looks like it took a jog to the north. Weird how it' forecast to track over land WNW tommorrow??

I wouldn't mind some nice breezy 30mph wind gust tommorrow night after the victory!!!

Looks like something else could be brewing in the NW Carribbean?? And headed into the Gulf?? At the least more rain?

Well...that's it for TD 10. It's now inland, and is dying a quick death. The reason for the westward push is a strong blocking ridge to the north of the system that is building in. I really don't expect much out of it other than a breezy day, much like today, and a few showers. The system on Monday has the potential to bring more substantial rainfall to the area. There is a lot of deep tropical moisture being pulled northward toward the state tonight.

The tropics are definetly active; fortunately everything is weak now.

Tiny sub-tropical Jerry already came and went up in the north Atlantic.

T.S. Karen is not looking very healthy and expected to remain far out in the Atlantic.

T.D. 13 in the SW Gulf doesn't look like much; expected to move erratically before landing down in Mexico. We have had plenty of Gulf moisture in the region the past few days.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey SlidellWX?? Was last week, with the strong cool fronts the "unofficial" end of Hurricane Season for the northern Gulf Coast?? Where can I find out the water temps. off the coast of La.?? Thanks!

There is a low over the Yucatan; but it's not suppose to develop

07' was thankfully quiet!!! I realize Hurricane Season is officially over Nov.30th; but that's the deep tropics.

• 1 month later...

Archived