Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MTSUBlueraider86

Lots on Church Street for sale

13 posts in this topic

The surface lots on Church Street are for sale. Options are being offered including the lot in front of the Metro City Hall building. All myths aside, Central Parking owns the lot. There had been rumor that the lot was in a family trust and donated to Metro and if Metro took the small library out of the building, the land would revert back to the family. Why would someone donate land to Metro? A quick look at the property owners website and you will discover that Central parking has owned the lot for years.

I had heard that Tony G has options on all the exsisitng lots on Church. I wonder if this is true. There could be a major development on the lot at the old City Hall for sure.

I cannot wait to see what Tony is going to do. Church street is going to be one of the premier streets in the country before it is over.

Raider, do you know if anyone is looking at the vacant lot (i.e. surface parking) next to City Center?

I believe to balance Sig, Nashville needs at least a 650-700 footer nearby.

Yes the one next to the City Center, and the one across from the Cumberland. There are actually two lots there.

Raider, do you know if anyone is looking at the vacant lot (i.e. surface parking) next to City Center?

Richard Fletcher of the 511 Group that owns NCC told me there would NEVER be a NCC2. 40 stories and 596 feet today is $200,000,000.00 worth. 200 million dollars is simply not cost effective. Suntrust Plaza is only 50% leased and the Pinnicale has a long way to go before all 28 floors are leased. I don't know if there will ever be an office tower of that size built in Nashville when we have thousands of suburban office buildings fully leased. The other point of building a tower that looks like one built 20 years ago would not make architectural sense, plus the footprint/floorplate is too small for today's needs.

Richard Fletcher of the 511 Group that owns NCC told me there would NEVER be a NCC2. 40 stories and 596 feet today is $200,000,000.00 worth. 200 million dollars is simply not cost effective. Suntrust Plaza is only 50% leased and the Pinnicale has a long way to go before all 28 floors are leased. I don't know if there will ever be an office tower of that size built in Nashville when we have thousands of suburban office buildings fully leased. The other point of building a tower that looks like one built 20 years ago would not make architectural sense, plus the footprint/floorplate is too small for today's needs.

oh i know it wasn't going to be built. my dad's architecture firm is located there and i'm always bugging him if he's heard anything. it's fun to mess with the old man sometimes haha. there was a photoshop on here that someone did, i believe it might have been dave? it looked really nice and i would love to see it. i do agree that the floorplate is too small (have you ever been in the garage? sheesh :wacko: ) but the building still looks quite modern.

I think Richard Fletcher may be near retirement or simply out of the development business. I have invited him to the forum, as I have Alex Palmer, and both refused.