Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smeagolsfree

The Alexander Condos

22 posts in this topic

OMG! That's hideous! Really, is that an office building rehabbed into "condos"? And the parking lot around it does not help.

These are right on Hillsboro rd too. I thought the same thing when I saw them. Oh well....

That's too bad. It appears to be a classic case of a great location and a bad developer(s). The little columns and pseudo-porticos on the side are something straight from the 70's on an old office building rehab. Unfortunately, the location will be the reason that these sell-out. LOL

Not only that, the grammar on their web site is incorrect...

"Our property is unique in design and gives all the amenities that makes life comfortable and luxurious."

That thing looks like something someone put together on The Sims. :lol:

I don't think there is a parking lot around it, but may be mistaken. The lot is very small

Good freakin' Lord that is GAWD awful architecture. Whoever, or whatever, designed that ought to be locked up and the key thrown away!

^ Exactly. Complete with a watchtower.

I think I just had a stroke. Wow...that is horrendous.

This is amazing. A building we all agree on. :lol::lol:

I agree with you guys. That is one butt ugly building.

I actually cannot even think of an appropriate comment for that! I am at a lost for words! My mind cannot think of a thing to say. The design is...well... is there an appropriate architectual definition of it? It reminds me ...of...well...I cannot say, but it is something...yet I cannot describe it. It is more of a lack of understanding, rather than a definition of what it is, or what it is not. So if there is no defintion, or no understanding, than does it actually exist? Hmm...I'll have to think about it, and then maybe I can actually describe it, but until I can describe it, I can't actually say what it is. So if I cannot say what it is, than can it be described?

If I cannot even conceptualize it, than I can't even begin to describe it, therefore I really do not have an opinion... :dunno:

It looks like something a five year old kid designed with legos.

I actually cannot even think of an appropriate comment for that! I am at a lost for words! My mind cannot think of a thing to say. The design is...well... is there an appropriate architectual definition of it? It reminds me ...of...well...I cannot say, but it is something...yet I cannot describe it. It is more of a lack of understanding, rather than a definition of what it is, or what it is not. So if there is no defintion, or no understanding, than does it actually exist? Hmm...I'll have to think about it, and then maybe I can actually describe it, but until I can describe it, I can't actually say what it is. So if I cannot say what it is, than can it be described?

If I cannot even conceptualize it, than I can't even begin to describe it, therefore I really do not have an opinion... :dunno:

I've driven by it several times and I don't think there will be parking fronting the road....it's a REALLY small lot. It's pretty hideous, and it's especially sad such a good lot goes to waste.

Is the site within any overlay that would have required approval of the design?

I've driven by it several times and I don't think there will be parking fronting the road....it's a REALLY small lot. It's pretty hideous, and it's especially sad such a good lot goes to waste.

What a joke. I can certainly see why all but one of these is still available. And I'm skeptical that the penthouse is really even sold. The West End (behind Walgreens) showed it's 6,000 sf penthouse as sold and a year later put it back on the market saying the developer/owner buying it had changed their mind. This project reminds me of a mini version of that one. There is certainly something to be said for presales.