• Yes! I love it!
    • It's okey, I can live with it.
    • Don't like it nor Hate it.
    • Sorry. Its not my cup of tea.
    • Good Grief! It's butt ugly!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would agree. Art museums today are being built in a wide array of styles, and you'd be hard-pressed to find one that has broad public appeal. I'm actually surprised at how many people are voting that they "love" this design, or even tolerate it.

I'm thinking about doing this poll again after completion. I may add a "Did you Chang You Mind?" set of choices then. That is unless a mod can throw that into this one since I'm not sure how to edit polls after posting.

I am as well. I remember the early days of the thread on GRAM where everyone railed against it. I'd bet there were a lot of people that changed their mind.

I'd like to see another question added to this poll. Have you changed your opinion of this project since construction began? Yes - for the positive, yes - for the worse, and No about the same.

Those would be some interesting results to see.

I'm thinking about doing this poll again after completion. I may add a "Did you Chang You Mind?" set of choices then. That is unless a mod can throw that into this one since I'm not sure how to edit polls after posting.

I sure did. I absolutely hated the design from page 1 of the GRAM thread. Now I really like it.

Anyone know if they will do signage and where it'd go on the building (which side(s) )?

Joe

I am as well. I remember the early days of the thread on GRAM where everyone railed against it. I'd bet there were a lot of people that changed their mind.

Love it! Nice, clean, simple, straight-forward design. Walking around the building does it more justice than the construction photos.

One thing I find interesting though is functionality of the front entrance. I'm assuming the front entrance faces Rosa Parks -which makes sense - but when this thing is said and done most people visiting will park in the ramp behind the museum. When you approach the GRAM you will be walking up from behind the building around to the front entrance - somewhat of an awkward, first experience.

I drove by the GRAM this morning at about 5:30, and the lobby (?- whatever is at the corner) was all lit up, and it was fantastic! I can't wait until it's done. Any word on potential retail tenants for that intersection? I presume that potential tenants are waiting to move in closer to the opening date.

I drove by the GRAM this morning at about 5:30, and the lobby (?- whatever is at the corner) was all lit up, and it was fantastic! I can't wait until it's done. Any word on potential retail tenants for that intersection? I presume that potential tenants are waiting to move in closer to the opening date.

Archived