New Commercial construction in Evans....

CanukInAugusta

Drove around Evans this morning. Here is a list of new Shopping Centers under some stage of development; By my count over 100 new stores!

Will there be a lot of vacancies in a year, or is this meeting a pent-up demand?

1. 20 stores at the "Shoppes at Camelot".

2. 15 Stores at the new center next to Academy sports (corner of Washington and Owens).

3. 20 stores (had to say for sure) at "Park Place" (on Washington opposite Clubcar)

4. 10 stores at a new strip mall on Evans to Locks / Blue Ridge Drive

5. 10 stores at a new extension at the Bi-Lo shopping centers of Furys Ferry Road

6. 5 stores (including Home Depot) at Evans Town Square

7. 20 stores at Evans Town Park

This also does not count Marshall Square, and a few other projects that are just startting.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evans is growing but i dont know why they want to look like a fla resort city. I guess aiken & n. aug are more concerned with a small town dt feel.

4. 10 stores at a new strip mall on Evans to Locks / Blue Ridge Drive

5. 10 stores at a new extension at the Bi-Lo shopping centers of Furys Ferry Road

I agree that Evans could be better than what it is turning out to be. However, it is way better than the Washington Road / I-20 exchange area. Whenever I drive down that road I feel like it is an assault on my senses with all those billboards and flashing lights and exposed electrical cables. Blah!

I wonder when the second phase of Mullins Crossing will begin? With all the new centers going up and the many that have been just finished, is it really needed? Evans is really out of control!!

How is that big mixed use development on Belair rd. coming along?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived