Hospice House of Greenville

gs3

I had been invited to the Grand Opening Celebration of Hospice House this past week and couldn't make it. Thought I'd drive out today and check it out. I don't think people are officially moving in for another few weeks. Got one photo taken, and a security guard in a white truck let me know I wasn't welcome on the grounds with my camera. I was ask to leave. :blush:

Anyway, absolutely BEAUTIFUL setting on West Georgia Road along the banks of the Reedy. The building is huge and meanders in various directions at various levels and heights. Some going almost to the waters edge. Huge trees and beautiful landscaping. Extensive use of stone and copper (counted about 8 copper roof areas). A really quality project for a very worthy cause. If you get a chance, check it out some time. :thumbsup:

The one photo I took is of a small portion of an entrance area.

Website about Hospice House:

http://www.hospicehousegc.org/

DSC02753.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting this, gsupstate! This place is amazing and the level of care given to terminally ill patients by hospice is phenominal.

I can't speak highly enough of hospice. They made my mothers last days as comfortable as possible and treated her (and the rest of my family) with absolute dignity and respect around the clock.

I am certain that this new hospice house will fulfill a long-overdue need for people here in Greenville. Our donations are what will help make a huge difference for those that need it and you never know when someone close to you may need it.

• 3 months later...
Hospice House was officially dedicated and had a ribbon cutting ceremony. Hospice House has already served several people and will be operating at full occupancy in the next few months. Such a great project that will touch so many people! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here is an article on the dedication:

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs....EALTH/709220325

Archived