Baseball Manager Phil Wellman goes nuts

ironchapman

For your daily (or nightly) laugh, I give you this.

Some of you may have seen this on CNN or some other network, but apparently Mississippi Braves (Atlanta's AA Minor League team) manager Phil Wellman didn't take too kindly to being ejected from the game.

Among the things he does (not all of them, though):

--Bury home plate in the dirt

--Hurl 3rd base into the outfield

--Throw the pitcher's rosin bag like a grenade at the umpire after crawling towards the pitcher's mound military-style (probably my favorite part)

--Throw the ump out

--Blow a kiss to the crowd as he leaves the field.

This guy must be trying to follow in the big league Braves manager Bobby Cox's footsteps...though Bobby has never done this sort of thing as far as I know.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw that earlier today and laughed my ass off.

You know those minor league games are supposed to be family friendly. At first, I thought dang.. that's really bad for the kids to see. However, I heard some laughing. This dude is more of a clown than anything.

I mentioned Sweet Lou Pinella above, and damned if he wasn't just suspended as well! HA!

He actually made physical contact with an umpire--a real no no. To top it all off, later on when Lou saw the replay he realized immediately the ump was correct!

National Baseball umps are seldom, if ever wrong. But baseball managers continue their colorful and sometimes embarrassing antics.:)

Archived