The Gardens at Millenia Blvd

leclercnlakenona

I'm new to this fourm. I have to lurking on here for a year now and now that I'm finally moving to the Orlando area I want to start making my contributions. Looking at buying a condo at the Fountains of Millenia, but has anyone else seen the plans for this new lifestyle center adjacent to the Mall of Millenia? The website said "coming in 2007", but I haven't heard anything about this development. Has this project stalled?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new to this fourm. I have to lurking on here for a year now and now that I'm finally moving to the Orlando area I want to start making my contributions. Looking at buying a condo at the Fountains of Millenia, but has anyone else seen the plans for this new lifestyle center adjacent to the Mall of Millenia? The website said "coming in 2007", but I haven't heard anything about this development. Has this project stalled?

Transparent

trans par ent tr

That area would be awefully crowded if they built that. It's difficult enough getting in and out from Conroy onto millenia blvd with current traffic patterns. Though it does look really good, this project would be huge. Is this supposed to be built any time soon?

Is a county school actually planned for right there behind bj's? That would be an interesting contrast to all the shopping that it would be surrounded by, hardly seems like the best place for it.

Here's the brochure on the Gardens at Millenia:

http://leroyalusa.com/images/gardens_brochure.pdf

OMG!

does this project have CItymark written all over it or what? Holy sh*t. look at the elevation models of what they are trying to get zoned for the north and west sides of the property...

what's the viability of this thing, and is it a Forbes Co.-related deal, or someone's pipedream?

Careful when buying around Millenia. There are some sketchy parts directly east and south of Millenia (Texas and Americana). Here's the brochure on the Gardens at Millenia:

i love how they used a bunch of pictures of the Grove in LA to make it look like their own. :thumbsup: riiiiiight.

I dunno - I think this is a pretty good place for a theater. Given that this area has literally everything else retail wise (though we need a Dave & Buster's here SOON), a movie theater is sorely missed. I would rather go down to Millenia to watch a movie & have dinner than go up to WP Village (like I did last night and Ocean's 13 is good - go see it). :)

I dunno - I think this is a pretty good place for a theater. Given that this area has literally everything else retail wise (though we need a Dave & Buster's here SOON), a movie theater is sorely missed. I would rather go down to Millenia to watch a movie & have dinner than go up to WP Village (like I did last night and Ocean's 13 is good - go see it). :)

This is the same group that is doing Uptown Altamonte so I would think that it is going through. It also looks like they are doing some land clearing on the site.

For a movie theater at Millenia, my wife and I always drive over to Festival Bay which is about 5 minutes from the mall if you take Millenia Blvd to Oak Ridge. This is a nice theater that probably a lot of people don't think about going to but is conveniently located close to Millenia. That area of I-Drive should be pretty nice once the renovations are complete at the Prime Outlets.

There's movie theaters all over that area. Festival Bay, Pointe Orlando, Citywalk, Florida Mall... and Pleasure Island isn't that far away. Just seems like a bad place for a movie theater, to me. Well, unless it's a specialty theater that plays art films like the Ritz chain near Philadelphia. :)

I received an e-mail from the developer. He was mentioning a ground breaking at the begininng of the new year. Condos start in the mid-300's.

Mid 300's for a view of the jail?!?

I dunno. There are condos downtown that can't sell at that price.

Careful when buying around Millenia. There are some sketchy parts directly east and south of Millenia (Texas and Americana). Here's the brochure on the Gardens at Millenia:

what an impressive proposal. does anyone know how to do screen capture or whatever on adobe and make a jpeg out of it and post some of the layout and 3-D rendering pages of this project on that link?

That area seems to have a lot of crime related problems already. Not sure this works out like they plan.

"Seems" is the operative word here. Police or Sheriff spokesperson said the other night (after that kidnap beating thing) that although attraction area crimes make big news, that the per capita crime rate in the area is quite low.

"Seems" is the operative word here. Police or Sheriff spokesperson said the other night (after that kidnap beating thing) that although attraction area crimes make big news, that the per capita crime rate in the area is quite low.

I think he was referring to crime near the 'attractions' and maybe more specifically Disney.

Per capita crime in Orlando is not quite low, although I guess that depends on what we're comparing it to. For instance, we had more violent crimes in 2006 than either St. Pete or Tampa, both larger cities. We had more murders than both of them put together!

FBI crime statistics

Have you seen the news the past few days, there 'seems' to be an epidemic of robberies at 24 hour stores....

All that being said, I know what you mean, sometimes the appearance of crime is much worse than it really is. Makes me want to go rent 'Bowling for Columbine' again.... But who could buy a condo in this area without thinking about that girl that disappeared a year ago and was never found? They still have her missing poster up...

That area seems to have a lot of crime related problems already. Not sure this works out like they plan.

I don't know; if crime was that big a concern, then the whole Millennia development wouldn't have been built. But I see potential problems from a pedestrian-town center type of development where most of one's time is outdoors and on foot versus indoors in a controlled environment.

Thanks i_cre8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know; if crime was that big a concern, then the whole Millennia development wouldn't have been built. But I see potential problems from a pedestrian-town center type of development where most of one's time is outdoors and on foot versus indoors in a controlled environment.

Thanks i_cre8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Gardens at Millenia is far enough way from the sketchy parts to make the project viable. They'll probably find that they need to have 24-hour security for the late-night crowd if they want it to be pedestrian friendly. No different from Downtown. My previous post were more about other developments along Americana that have Millenia in their name but are not places I'd prefer to live. It will be interesting to watch over the next 10-20 years to see if the Mall is able to help prop that area up.

As far as movie theaters go, Citywalk and Pointe Orlando are 20+ minutes to get to from Millenia and involve parking garages (pain in the butt for locals). Florida Mall no longer has a theater. The Festival Bay theater is right off of Oak Ridge and I-Drive and just about 5 minutes from Millenia Mall.

I think the Gardens at Millenia is far enough way from the sketchy parts to make the project viable. They'll probably find that they need to have 24-hour security for the late-night crowd if they want it to be pedestrian friendly. No different from Downtown. My previous post were more about other developments along Americana that have Millenia in their name but are not places I'd prefer to live. It will be interesting to watch over the next 10-20 years to see if the Mall is able to help prop that area up.

As far as movie theaters go, Citywalk and Pointe Orlando are 20+ minutes to get to from Millenia and involve parking garages (pain in the butt for locals). Florida Mall no longer has a theater. The Festival Bay theater is right off of Oak Ridge and I-Drive and just about 5 minutes from Millenia Mall.

Speaking of, a woman was shot in her car last night at one of those very same apt. complexes. Might have been domestic.

Archived