MC3 about to start in East Nashville

smeagolsfree

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
The one thing this area needs, though, is a restaurant. There is no food to speak of in the immediate vicinity of Martin's Corner. As more and more people begin moving to that block, a restaurant departed from the 5 points scene becomes more and more needed. Kudos to Mark Sanders on this. Hope to see more from him.

Seems to me there was a plan for the grocery store at Martins Corner. I will have to research some old stuff to jog my memory.

As far as the HG Hill closing, I look for another development from them for that property. Who knows what, at this point. This is just speculation on my part, but the Tennessean article said they were sitting on some valuable real estate, and I look for them to hold on to it and develop it themselves.

Seems to me there was a plan for the grocery store at Martins Corner. I will have to research some old stuff to jog my memory.

As far as the HG Hill closing, I look for another development from them for that property. Who knows what, at this point. This is just speculation on my part, but the Tennessean article said they were sitting on some valuable real estate, and I look for them to hold on to it and develop it themselves.

Hill Realty still has some long term tenants in the building, though. I wouldn't look for anything to happen anytime soon. Talking with people that live around the Martin Corner area, many think that a Trader Joe's would do wonderfully at that location (Bill Martin Grocery). I've never been to a Trader Joe's so I wouldn't know how to comment on it.

Back to the topic at hand, the carriage houses on this project have several swatches of bright orange on them. I kind of like it, but didn't know if that was some sort of primer or other base that I'm not aware of. I'll try to take pictures of it when I drive by again, but has anyone else noticed this? Doesn't show up in any of the renderings so I don't know if it was part of the original design. Seems like it gives it a more contemporary flare.

As far as Martins grocery goes: I conversed with WW about this and he said he thought it was to be redeveloped, but years down the road and no specific plan yet.

I look for MC 3 to be fully sold before they move ahead with any other portions of the plan. The economy may slow things down even more. This has been a good series of projects in this area so far.

OH Smeagolsfee... you have made my day.. I have a ... ammm VERY CLOSE family member who just bought a house near the Hills Grocery/Dollar Store corner. It would seem they will be wedged between these 2 developments. Now at first they will be thrilled. But they hate crowded shopping so much they drive out to the farthest West Nashville Publix... way way out... because it is nicer and quieter. I get all manner of grief for even trying to "just jousting windmills", you have no voice, you cannot change these decisions.... Talk about having a chuckle with my afternoon tea. I am very glad to see this area of East Nashville give it a go. Since the great fire that moved the Nashville Golf and Tennis Club over to create what is now the Belle Meade Country Club - well you cant get a West Nashville boy across the river. This should be quite a test!

Friends,

I don't anticipate the building home to Bill Martin's grocery flattened any time soon. The Martin Corner development will unfold methodically and I see the grocery parcel as the last to be reinvented. There are three other parcels that likely will be built upon first, according to the developer.

ESU/WW

I saw some workers painting in the available leasable space across the street in the 37206 Building (next to the frame shop and Metropolis). Guy there said that it was going to be a small market that sells beer, cigarettes, various drinks, etc. I'm guessing that is an answer to Bill Martin's Grocery which refuses to sell beer. Looks like MC3 residents will be able to pick up some booze in the immediate vicinity.

I saw some workers painting in the available leasable space across the street in the 37206 Building (next to the frame shop and Metropolis). Guy there said that it was going to be a small market that sells beer, cigarettes, various drinks, etc. I'm guessing that is an answer to Bill Martin's Grocery which refuses to sell beer. Looks like MC3 residents will be able to pick up some booze in the immediate vicinity.

Just what East Nashville needs: another beer/cigarettes/lottery store!

Perhaps this one will be clean and well managed and will serve the immediate residents well and not attract the nomads from further back on Shelby or Main Street. I lived in a highrise in Chicago with a full-service convenience store on the ground floor and it was nice to run down in my socks to grab some beer and chips while watching a baseball game.

I think that as long as the store managers stay away from selling beers individually (one beer out of a six pack) or cigarettes individually, the panhandlers will not get too out of hand out front or hang out on the lot across the street and bust their 40-ouncers when they are done like they do next to my house. I will remain optismistic even if this is underwhelming news.

Friends,

I don't anticipate the building home to Bill Martin's grocery flattened any time soon. The Martin Corner development will unfold methodically and I see the grocery parcel as the last to be reinvented. There are three other parcels that likely will be built upon first, according to the developer.

ESU/WW

Archived