MC3 about to start in East Nashville

smeagolsfree

• 1 month later...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had an opportunity to go on a tour of a variety of downtown properties on Mother's Day weekend. Thought folks might enjoy some of the pictures. On one hand, I liked them. Definitely more modern than traditional. And I thought the stairways made for dramatic architecture, although I would have preferred the railings to have been up before I was walking up and down them.

But some unusual things - the exterior colors on the carriage houses behind the townhouses. Orange? And the townhouse floorplan we were in was not your ordinary layout - living room on the ground floor, along with a garage. BUT the kitchen and dining room is on the middle floor. The dining room could possibly be an interesting den or home office. Then two full baths up with the 2 bedrooms. I think there is also a 1/2 bath floating around on the two lower floors, but memory escapes me, unfortunately.

mc340.jpg

mc341.jpg

mc342.jpg

mc343.jpg

mc345.jpg

mc346.jpg

mc347.jpg

mc348.jpg

mc350.jpg

mc351.jpg

mc352.jpg

mc355.jpg

mc356.jpg

Just what East Nashville needs: another beer/cigarettes/lottery store!

Perhaps this one will be clean and well managed and will serve the immediate residents well and not attract the nomads from further back on Shelby or Main Street. I lived in a highrise in Chicago with a full-service convenience store on the ground floor and it was nice to run down in my socks to grab some beer and chips while watching a baseball game.

I think that as long as the store managers stay away from selling beers individually (one beer out of a six pack) or cigarettes individually, the panhandlers will not get too out of hand out front or hang out on the lot across the street and bust their 40-ouncers when they are done like they do next to my house. I will remain optismistic even if this is underwhelming news.

Archived