Rhett Street Brownstones

btoy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! These really look great....beautiful. :thumbsup: A great addition to West End.

But with a mid 700's price range, I'll simply be admiring from afar. :lol:

They really do look good from the models. I've always had a thing for brownstones, maybe its that narrow-but-tall-Charleston-Single-esque quality.

I am starting to wonder where the folks work to afford all of these new residences downtown (and are they hiring? :silly: )

Mid 700's? OUCH!

Looks like a great new development for this area. Kind of expensive though. Also, there is a "for sale" sign up at the intersection of River and Rhett Street across River Street from the old Shealy Electric site. I think it's for 2 acres of land, but don't quote me on that. It would definitely be a great place for another mid-rise mixed use development.

Looks like a great new development for this area. Kind of expensive though. Also, there is a "for sale" sign up at the intersection of River and Rhett Street across River Street from the old Shealy Electric site. I think it's for 2 acres of land, but don't quote me on that. It would definitely be a great place for another mid-rise mixed use development.

That site has been available for a long time now, just not with a sign. THink it has been with Prudential. Anyway, think its about .69 Acres and $2.6 Mil or something like that.

When will these be starting? Are they near the 8 story Rhett St condo project? Where are these in relation to the Shealy site?

Accross Rhett St. from the Sheally Site, behind 2nd Pres. not far from the 8 story project at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news on these?

Anyone?

I wonder how they're selling, or how interest is. They're awfully expensive, but I'd really like to see them start construction soon.

The way that it's laid out reminds me of the really bright development off of Augusta next to Schlotzky's (sp!). I really like that one and hope to see more with as much character, either downtown or along Augusta.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know more about this development? It appears only 1 unit of the 9 planned has been sold.

http://www.thebrownstones.net/about.htm

I really like how the developer has brought that Boston/NE feel with this project. Especially in an area such as the West End where you already have "Mini Fenway."

I do agree with many of you that the price point is a tad high but with the quality they're presenting and over 3000 square feet per unit, I don't think they're that far off.

PS - progress pics would be great as I live in Charlotte.

I have not heard anything about these, but did enjoy reading the website. I found this quote to be quite interesting:

"One (unit 2) already sold, eight still available. Ground already broken. Ready Spring 2008."

Have they seriously started doing any work on these? Are they proceeding with construction before selling more units? I'm not complaining, but as nice as these will be they sure will be sinking a lot of money into the project up front.

Have they seriously started doing any work on these? Are they proceeding with construction before selling more units? I'm not complaining, but as nice as these will be they sure will be sinking a lot of money into the project up front.

Yes they have started, with the foundation in place for the first two units and site work underway for the other units. I try to post a few pictures soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes they have started, with the foundation in place for the first two units and site work underway for the other units. I try to post a few pictures soon.

Is this the site? I jogged by this morning, but there was no sign about the brownstones. I can't think of anything else this could be.

DSC03403.jpg

It looks nice, and the only thing that I'd give it above a Brownstone say on the South End or Beacon St is that there are more windows, and the rooftop terrace. Other than that, 800K is absurd to pay for a place in Greenville, seemingly even in downtown. Brownstones up here start at 300K and go up, but still...799 in Greenville is borderline retarded. I could be wrong, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe once they sit a little longer with no action, maybe the developer will change the plans to downsize the square feet and increase the number of units, whether the increase involves vertical division or a squeeze horizontally... More units and more residents would help the West End. :)

Archived