Rhett Street Brownstones

btoy

Though you don't really realize it when driving on Rhett Street, these brownstones sit on just enough of a hill that their rooftop decks have spectacular views of downtown. :thumbsup:

I would like to see more of these type of brownstones (more cost effective versions) throughout West End.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

It's been several months since I've seen these in person. I must say that they look even more impressive than the renderings and the pictures posted on here and the website of the development. I hope another developer can develop some more brownstones, townhouses, and apartments on Rhett St.

VERY impressive! :shades:

It's been several months since I've seen these in person. I must say that they look even more impressive than the renderings and the pictures posted on here and the website of the development. I hope another developer can develop some more brownstones, townhouses, and apartments on Rhett St.

VERY impressive! :shades:

I'd love to see this area of West End filled with brownstones, both highend and affordable. The look really does fit West End very well.

• 6 months later...

There is a youtube video ad up now for the Brownstones. Seems to be new.

Also the website.

http://www.thebrownstones.net/index.htm

I don't know if the video on the website from the architect is new or not. It says that they have sold 5 of 9 units. They are asking $840,000 for unit 6. No prices set for 7 through 9.

It looks beautiful in the ad. Big windows, lots of space, views - everything. The rooftop patio looks very nice.

I wonder about those (almost) floor to ceiling first floor windows and glass front door. Security? Also it looks like there are gutters that would dump water on the top floor patio. Where is it going from there?

Great video. Awesome views from the roof patio.

If the gutters dumped onto the patio, there would be no point in having them. the water would naturally end up there. I'm sure they connect ot the gutters that run down the front or back of the building.

I hope this sells out soon, I think they have another phase planned.

Great video. Awesome views from the roof patio.

If the gutters dumped onto the patio, there would be no point in having them. the water would naturally end up there. I'm sure they connect ot the gutters that run down the front or back of the building.

I hope this sells out soon, I think they have another phase planned.

I'm intrigued by this additional phase talk!

The character of these units to the West End and Rhett Street have greatly enhanced the experience and surroundings. I can only imagine what another phase could acheive... I'd particularly like to see more units that face Rhett Street.

On the Brownstones website they link to Photos. The last picture (at the bottom of the page) clearly seems to show two gutter spouts. One is in the background against the corner and the other is in the middle of the photo. I assume there is a drain nearby but I don't see any.

http://www.photoblog.com/Brownstones/

In the FAQ the first question is about the corner lot next to Phase I. They explain that the developer has a contract for the lot and plan Phase II there. It would have an O' Neal St. address. They also mention mixed usage with retail and office for the corner. Still in the concept stage though.

• 3 years later...

Anyone have any updates on this development? The state of the most recently built unit (holes in its unfinished side, etc) makes me wonder how badly the developer really wants to sell it and move forward with additional units. The state of that unit definitely couldn't command the kind of prices we saw for the first several, even without the national real estate market's recent problems.

It wasn't so much the developer as it was the bank lending on the project ran out of money. It was sold about 2 months ago and new owner will build two larger units instead of the three that had been planned. They will be personal residences.

It wasn't so much the developer as it was the bank lending on the project ran out of money. It was sold about 2 months ago and new owner will build two larger units instead of the three that had been planned. They will be personal residences.

So the last unit and the remaining land were all sold?

Thanks for the insight to its future.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Construction is continuing on this new unit. I hope this development continues to move forward and sell units until it's completely built out. 

Rhett Street currently has a lot of momentum between the completion of Riverwalk, its several proposed apartment projects, the Brownstones' renewal, and the renovation of the 90 year old Conrad building.

Utility line burial is suppose to be in the works for the Camperdown-River Street block. This stretch and Augusta Street were suppose to follow Haywood's burial. Any word on that?

It is my understanding that the people who bought this development are building personal residences and not units for resale.  Originally they were going to build bigger units, instead of the 3 still planned, just two.  I do not know if that is still the case.

It is my understanding that the people who bought this development are building personal residences and not units for resale.  Originally they were going to build bigger units, instead of the 3 still planned, just two.  I do not know if that is still tvhe case.
Very interesting. Did the original developers plan a second phase? Did that transfer too?

It is my understanding that the people who bought this development are building personal residences and not units for resale.  Originally they were going to build bigger units, instead of the 3 still planned, just two.  I do not know if that is still the case.

Well, that sounds good. I ultimately, just want the remaining empty unit to be finished/protected from the elements, and SOMETHING built on what remains of the land.

Archived