Trump pulls out of 52 story Tampa condo tower project

There's a slew of different articles about this, so read away:

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=...tnG=Search+News

Sounds like he pulled out of his licensing contract due to lack of sales. Licensing just means that Trump's name goes on the project, but his management team did not actually oversee operations. Is this indicative of further softening of condo demand in just Florida, or a sign of times to come for all urban markets? I would think if Trump signed on the project, he felt it was a good investment of his name.

I heard from a friend recently who moved to Chicago to sell downtown condos, and he said the condo market is d...e...a...d there. No traffic, no buyers, buyers walking away from contracts, yada yada.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Common sense tells me that the softening of the condo market will put a stop to many DT revivals going on around the country. Not good. As for the traffic being dead in the Chicago market, It looks to me that city is going to have two brand new and very empty skyscrapers, Trump Tower and Chicago Spire. Boy. Talk about monuments to a nation currently floating at the bottom of a porta-john.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived